adjusting speedo. help please.

FlashPro Manager software
mabo

Re: adjusting speedo. help please.

Post by mabo »

Funny thing ) After sawppin TSX ECU i see MPG instead of xL\100KM ! As for dash speed i just used torque on my android or something like this to see the diff between GPS and dash , then put correction into cal.
angelf1974

Post by angelf1974 »

K_A_N_O wrote: damn! whats the final drive like? must be like a rocket!

yea i know i can wire in a speedo healer but if it works with flashpro then i cant see the point.

im not really bothered too much about the odometer not working correctly. as i have no intention of selling the car. how many miles did you drive to tell it was out?

also does your cruise control work after fixing the speedo with flashpro?

mine currently does not work.

10 km odometer and 9 km gps. I tried this several times and different roads and always the same result.

Cruise control not work.
Honda Accord CL9 (Spain)
K_A_N_O

Post by K_A_N_O »

angelf1974 wrote:
K_A_N_O wrote: damn! whats the final drive like? must be like a rocket!

yea i know i can wire in a speedo healer but if it works with flashpro then i cant see the point.

im not really bothered too much about the odometer not working correctly. as i have no intention of selling the car. how many miles did you drive to tell it was out?

also does your cruise control work after fixing the speedo with flashpro?

mine currently does not work.

10 km odometer and 9 km gps. I tried this several times and different roads and always the same result.

Cruise control not work.
ok thanks its a shame about the odometer not working corectly. i did not even think about that.

also a shame cruise does not work.

i have a friend who runs all ep3 gears in his gearbox and his cruise does work. he does not have flashpro but corrected his speedo with a speedo healer that he wired in.

makes me wonder what would be better to use now.
05 UKDM CL9 Accord.
angelf1974

Post by angelf1974 »

With factory ECU, FN2 final drive and yellow box to correct the speed, the control cruise works.

With 07 TSX ECU, FlashPro and yellow box, the control cruise still working

When I adjust the yellow box to correct the speed because TSX has different gear ratio than Accord, control cruise not work.
Honda Accord CL9 (Spain)
CivicVTi

Post by CivicVTi »

I just got a Euro CL9 and plan to install TSX 07-08 ECU, flash pro and an EP3 final drive (4.764) which is the same as the TSX. Will my VSA, cruise control and speedo work OK?
angelf1974

Post by angelf1974 »

CivicVTi wrote:I just got a Euro CL9 and plan to install TSX 07-08 ECU, flash pro and an EP3 final drive (4.764) which is the same as the TSX. Will my VSA, cruise control and speedo work OK?
VSA yes
Cruise control probably not
Speedo yes (FlashPro Manager adjustment)
Honda Accord CL9 (Spain)
CivicVTi

Post by CivicVTi »

Sorry but I am a little confused. I am getting my TSX ECU next Monday and will install it first. Currently my car is stock so it has the 4.388 final drive. After installing the TSX ECU and flashpro what should I expect? I think that:

Odometer -> OK
Speed -> OK
VSA -> OK
Cruise control -> OK?

If then I proceed with a 4.764 final drive, how is the list modified? Like that:
Odometer -> Reading fast. Can be corrected with yellow box, but not with flash pro?
Speed -> Reading fast. Can be corrected with flash pro OR yellow box
VSA -> OK
Cruise control -> Not OK. Can be corrected with yellowbox?

Thanks!
angelf1974

Post by angelf1974 »

CivicVTi wrote:Sorry but I am a little confused. I am getting my TSX ECU next Monday and will install it first. Currently my car is stock so it has the 4.388 final drive. After installing the TSX ECU and flashpro what should I expect? I think that:

Odometer -> OK
Speed -> OK
VSA -> OK
Cruise control -> OK?

If then I proceed with a 4.764 final drive, how is the list modified? Like that:
Odometer -> Reading fast. Can be corrected with yellow box, but not with flash pro?
Speed -> Reading fast. Can be corrected with flash pro OR yellow box
VSA -> OK
Cruise control -> Not OK. Can be corrected with yellowbox?

Thanks!
try to correct it only with the yellow box because your final drive is close to original. My final drive is 5,062:1.
Honda Accord CL9 (Spain)
CivicVTi

Post by CivicVTi »

If I correct it with yellow box, will everything be functional? I mean odometer, speedometer, vsa and cruise control?
angelf1974

Post by angelf1974 »

CivicVTi wrote:If I correct it with yellow box, will everything be functional? I mean odometer, speedometer, vsa and cruise control?
Yes, and if something does not work is the cruise control. But I think it will work because there is little diference.
Honda Accord CL9 (Spain)
CivicVTi

Post by CivicVTi »

INstalled the FlashPro with TSX ECU a couple of days ago. Stock Euro CL9 for the moment including transmission.

VSA-> works
Cruise control -> works
Odometer -> reads slow. Cannot correct with FlashPro
Speed gauge -> reads slow, corrected with flashpro

So, I guess when I install the 4.764 final drive, the odometer and speed gauge will read correct since 4.764 is TSX's stock final drive. I hope the Cruise control and VSA also works without yellow box.
CivicVTi

Post by CivicVTi »

Cruise control works fine with 4.764 final drive installed. Confirmed!

So for Euro CL9 with US TSX ECU, flashpro and 4.764 final drive the following is valid:

VSA-> works
Cruise control -> works
Odometer -> reads fine
Speed gauge -> reads fine. I just entered -3% in FlashPro to make readings more accurate (all gauges have an error margin, I found CL9's read way too high: for example when reading 120km/h actual speed was 113. By entering -3%, when actual speed is 113km/h, the speedo now reads 116.5 which is closer to reality).

I strongly suggest the 4.764 FD mod to Euro CL9 guys, car is much better and 6th gear is long enough to keep consumption and sound down. The only thing I would change is the first gear: it is now very short, I would go for the 3.266 most Honda's have, including TSX CL9 (stock Euro CL9 is 3.533).