Using ELD or ECT2 to monitor other aftermarket sensor types

FlashPro Manager software
GernBlanston

Using ELD or ECT2 to monitor other aftermarket sensor types

Post by GernBlanston »

I have 3 PLX sensors (oil pressure, oil temperature, and EGT), and I would like to be able to datalog them with my FlashPro. Is there any reason why I couldn't use the ELD and ECT2 inputs? Can FlashPro Manager be set to display the raw input levels instead of Lambda, or better yet, allow me to configure the data conversion? Is there a 3rd input available besides ELD and ECT2?
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Using ELD or ECT2 to monitor other aftermarket sensor ty

Post by Hondata »

Currently FlashPro only supports wideband inputs.
Hondata
GernBlanston

Post by GernBlanston »

Could you expond on what you mean by "currently supports"? I understand that FlashPro Manager wouldn't display the data correctly, but it seems like I could get around that pretty easily by exporting the datalog to Excel, then write a formula to convert the data.

Is there more to it that that? Would that cause any problems for anything? The PLX sensor modules all put out 0-5V, which I believe is the same as most wideband O2's.
tu5j4

Post by tu5j4 »

I use The ELD output to monitor my AFR wideband on my 2008 Euro CTR. It works but I can`t switch on my headlights when datalogging as the voltage level will sink below 13.6 volts and the AFR values are pegged at 12.7:1.
My battery barely gets enough juice from the alternator to power additional electronic devices. That`s what you get when you switch off the ELD.

I`m not sure if the ECT2 can be used as they can screw up your IAT and ECT compensation tables. Anyone can confirm this?
ash_rage

Post by ash_rage »

tu5j4 wrote:I use The ELD output to monitor my AFR wideband on my 2008 Euro CTR. It works but I can`t switch on my headlights when datalogging as the voltage level will sink below 13.6 volts and the AFR values are pegged at 12.7:1.
My battery barely gets enough juice from the alternator to power additional electronic devices. That`s what you get when you switch off the ELD.

I`m not sure if the ECT2 can be used as they can screw up your IAT and ECT compensation tables. Anyone can confirm this?
Strange, I've never had any issues since hooking up my wideband and turning off the ELD.
tu5j4

Post by tu5j4 »

Must be my battery. It`s 4 years old now. As long as I don`t switch on my headlights everything is fine.