Question on locking the hondata to ECU?

FlashPro Manager software
Pson

Question on locking the hondata to ECU?

Post by Pson »

I have an order for the FlashPro 2007 TSX unit and have been reading everything I can on the matter. One thing worries me and I wish to confirm if I should be worried. I do not have a laptop at all and have no access to one. Can, I complete locking the hondata to my ECU in trips from the car back to pc?
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Question on locking the hondata to ECU?

Post by Hondata »

Yes.

1. Install the software on a PC. Plug in the FlashPro, fill out the registration details and register with Hondata.
2. Take the FlashPro to the vehicle, plug it in, switch on the ignition for 5 seconds or so (but don't start the car). This records the VIN.
3. Take the FlashPro to the PC, plug it in. Select Online, Lock.
4. Select a calibration, upload to the FlashPro.
5. Go to the vehicle, plug the FlashPro in, switch on the ignition. Press the Program button on the FlashPro for over 1 second.
6. The program light should start to flash after about 15 seconds, then stop flashing once the ECU is programmed (about 90 seconds).
Hondata
Pson

Re: Question on locking the hondata to ECU?

Post by Pson »

Hondata wrote:Yes.

1. Install the software on a PC. Plug in the FlashPro, fill out the registration details and register with Hondata.
2. Take the FlashPro to the vehicle, plug it in, switch on the ignition for 5 seconds or so (but don't start the car). This records the VIN.
3. Take the FlashPro to the PC, plug it in. Select Online, Lock.
4. Select a calibration, upload to the FlashPro.
5. Go to the vehicle, plug the FlashPro in, switch on the ignition. Press the Program button on the FlashPro for over 1 second.
6. The program light should start to flash after about 15 seconds, then stop flashing once the ECU is programmed (about 90 seconds).
Thank you for the quick reply and making the unit for my make and model.