FlashProManager V1.2.7 (beta)

FlashPro Manager software
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: FlashProManager V1.2.7 (beta)

Post by Hondata »

The FD2 and FN2 work perfectly as far as I know.

With the Asia 155hp Civic we were asked, as we have been with the CL7, to support it. We went ahead and added support, and then found that there is a cascade of minor issues - if you fix one, another pops up in its place. Thus we have learnt from this not to add support to any vehicle until we have tested it ourselves and are happy everything works fully. This is what we are doing with the CL7.

I don't see any gain from slinging mud at as for trying to do the job properly.
Hondata
Nike

Post by Nike »

to Hondata:
Hi! Sometimes, I have error P1129 (Downstream Heated Oxygen Sensors (HO2Ss) swapped from bank to bank). Can you disabled it's? Thanks.
P.S. Civic R18 2006 US.
IcEMoCHa

Post by IcEMoCHa »

Hondata wrote:The FD2 and FN2 work perfectly as far as I know.

With the Asia 155hp Civic we were asked, as we have been with the CL7, to support it. We went ahead and added support, and then found that there is a cascade of minor issues - if you fix one, another pops up in its place. Thus we have learnt from this not to add support to any vehicle until we have tested it ourselves and are happy everything works fully. This is what we are doing with the CL7.

I don't see any gain from slinging mud at as for trying to do the job properly.
But it seems that you have abandoned the support for the Asia 155hp Civic all together. Then the dealers should not have advertised about "the problem will be fixed by Hondata very soon" when they are trying to sell it to the customers.

Cascade of minor issues is not an excuse to abandon any possible fix for the units that have already been supported and having problems. Everything has issues, they just need to be fixed one at a time. Even giant software makers such as Microsoft have lots of minor issues with their newly launched softwares but have been fixed with a patch with the help of bug reports/logs submitted by users. Some of the issues will not surface until there are many users using it.

Also I would like to suggest adding software error logging/report feature not only for Flashpro Manager but for the ECU errors as well to allow for easier support and bug detection. It will log the device functions and if there are errors, allow users to submit error report/log to allow easier tracking of where the errors/faults are coming from. It's the logging feature you have in Flashpro Manager but missing the ECU logging.

This is not a post to offend you in any way but to let you know that some of the users are very determined to help you to solve the problems. And it is easier to fix any problem with the help of feedback from users.
420Coupe

Post by 420Coupe »

^ they never said they abandoned they project, what was said to rephrase was that they learned from previous experience in releasing something before it was ready and they were happy with it. Thus, now they are fixing all bugs /issues that are arising and continuing until they are satisfied with it enough to slap their NAME on it and call it HONDATA.

You should consider yourself one of the lucky few in owning a 'prototype' flashpro and justifying the effort being put in by Hondata to get everything to work properly. As he stated they are working on fixing everything and getting it to perfection before rerelease. Instead of releasing with issue after issue arising.
sass

Post by sass »

V1.2.8 changes (13 March 2012)
[Civic R18] Added MAP based fuel table option
[S2000] Fixed boost cut not working.
[07-08 TSX] Fixed error under boost.
[07-08 TSX] Added EVAP error code disable.
[07-08 TSX] Added calibrations.

Hondata Thanks
Cr-v RD8+K24A2turbo+Kpro V4 prb+NPR3/6Speed+ТС+ HFS4 v3.2.
DynoWheel = 472kW / 589 N.m
HRX One Mile Challenge = Max Speed 282km
Known as Sniper
Zoro2006

Post by Zoro2006 »

in future would be nice to have such feature as custom gear ratios in TSX calibration.
Nice work with EVAP errors disable, Thanks.
Known as Vaikis_
Nike

Post by Nike »

Last edited by Nike on Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sass

Post by sass »

DELETE
Last edited by sass on Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cr-v RD8+K24A2turbo+Kpro V4 prb+NPR3/6Speed+ТС+ HFS4 v3.2.
DynoWheel = 472kW / 589 N.m
HRX One Mile Challenge = Max Speed 282km
Known as Sniper
Nike

Post by Nike »

del too )
jamesp

Post by jamesp »

I just want to say thank you to the hondata team, the flashpro is great now for the FN2

some of the people on here do not realise how much work goes into the flashpro and its software

fixing problems is not just as easy as clicking a "fix" button and sending out another release
jonofmac

Post by jonofmac »

I'm growing very intrigued with this new beta. I'm looking over the AFM section and see that almost all the MAP features are present. I've self tuned my Stock FA5 for a loooooong time (over a year now lol) and finally got it to a point where it's safe and mpg is acceptable. But since I'm stock, the prospect of using an AFM tune to possibly improve my MPG while retaining some of the features I love about a MAP tune sounds very nice.

What I'm confused with in this AFM tune now is the ability to choose MAP based fuel tables instead of AFM. How is this any different from just creating a MAP tune and using that? I've seen people mention a "hybrid" tune, and aren't sure if they're referring to this.

Just curious how the AFM tune w/ MAP fuel tables is different from a MAP tune before I start screwing around with it myself and trying to figure it out.

Thanks
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

There are two calibration types: a race calibration type, which uses MAP only, and the standard calibration type, which can use the AFM or MAP.

Street cars should use the non-race calibration.
Hondata
jonofmac

Post by jonofmac »

Hondata wrote:There are two calibration types: a race calibration type, which uses MAP only, and the standard calibration type, which can use the AFM or MAP.

Street cars should use the non-race calibration.
Ok, are you saying the standard calibration type can use AFM and map? Or do you mean it has the choice to use either AFM or MAP.

I guess I don't see the distinction between the two or reason to run one over the other.

If the AFM tunes now offer to get rid of rev hang, have most the same features of a MAP tune, but offer the benefits of an AFM, seems like "standard" is the way to go....
nyghtstalkr

Post by nyghtstalkr »

So Hondata makes a habit of deleting posts when it is good input! Wow, awesome job guys! You are just confirming what we have ALREADY said about your support skills. Good product, bad customer service. Keep it up and you won't have any customers at all.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Your post was moved to the 'Hondata R18' topic where is was more relevant.
Hondata