FlashProManager V1.1.9.6 (beta)

FlashPro Manager software
Alex_FN2

Re: FlashProManager V1.1.9.4 (beta)

Post by Alex_FN2 »

Alex_FN2 wrote:
many times you're refering for map cals as race cals so i did the same.
Every FN2 MAP calibration has 'race' in the name. They are calibrations for race cars.
In any case, the AFM calibration has MAP based fuel tables.

please don't edit my posts and tell me why do i have to pay for a new AFM cal with map fuel tables to have again oil pressure light???

tuning a car it's not for free you know and i can not do that by myself.

i had a map tune and oil pressure light worked just fine till 1.1.9.3.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Sorry, the board software edited your post rather than replying to it.

This is the first time someone has mentioned that the oil light did work in earlier versions, and now does not. In that case, post your calibration.
Hondata
Alex_FN2

Post by Alex_FN2 »

Hondata wrote: This is the first time someone has mentioned that the oil light did work in earlier versions, and now does not. In that case, post your calibration.

all started when 1.1.9.3 beta released.

http://www.hondata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=13243

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/flashpro/6 ... nes-2.html

don't have my cal it's locked by my tuner!
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Then get your tuner to email the calibration to support@hondata.com It would also be good to know the exact upload history for your vehicle, in terms of versions numbers and AFM/race calibrations.
Hondata
Gernby

Post by Gernby »

I'm really glad to see the baloon invormation in the overlay, and also for the extra filter options for the overlay settings! However, I can't get the # Samples options to do anything. Even if I change the value to 100, I still see fuel adjustment suggestions based on just a couple samples. Is this a defect, or am I misunderstanding the purpose of the option?
'06 NFR S2000
Gernby

Post by Gernby »

I forgot to ask ... does the Autotune feature take into account the ECU's current open / closed loop status and / or WOT target lambda values in order to adjust the tune? If not, it seems that it would be pretty easy to create a situation where the ECU is in WOT closed loop targeting a 14:0 AFR, and FPM would keep removing fuel in order to achieve 14.7.
'06 NFR S2000
mw1978

Post by mw1978 »

Maybe i miss something but FN2 has two OIL lamps/sensors:
- OIL preasure
- OIL level sensor

OIL level sensor never work on MAP calibrations and even on grupeN ECU

ALex are shure that OIL preasure is not working any more???
VitViper

Post by VitViper »

civicRSA wrote:Any chance of adding 50 degree ignition and fuel tables on all FN2 AFM calibrations now?
My FN2 AFM cals have 50* cam angle and indexes for all tables...
Attachments
afm cal 50 degree
afm cal 50 degree
50_degree_afm.png (151.91 KiB) Viewed 8316 times
Last edited by VitViper on Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VitViper

Post by VitViper »

Hondata wrote: VitViper: Yes, I'll fix that very shortly.
Thanks Derek.

- I've been testing the new map fueling for FN2 AFM cals with ash_rage, and he is reporting there is a "jolt" every time he lets off the throttle and pushes in the clutch. I can't see anything unusual in the datalogs other than overrun engaging almost instantly during a shift. Maybe that is the issue (log attached)? At then end of the day it would be nice to just have fine grain control over overrun (like in the MAP cals, but also with the delay parameter, etc).

-I love the new lambda overlay feature, although it looks like there is a bit of a formatting issue... the floating tool tip doesn't expand to contain all the content and cuts it off... like so.
Attachments
afm_map_fuel.fpdl
"jolt" between shifts
(90.34 KiB) Downloaded 248 times
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (17.38 KiB) Viewed 8313 times
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Gernby: # samples - was only implemented in lambda overlay, have added it to the fuel change too.

Gernby: Autotune uses the lambda (or corrected lambda) and fuel trims and uses the target lambda from the settings. You should not run closed loop at WOT.

VitViper: 50 degree maps. Depends if you start with a AFM calibration or forced induction AFM calibration.

VitViper: I'll add another table to the next release. I also think that the fuel tables are going to need significant tuning at first, so it should improve as they get closer.

VitViper: tool tip window cut off. What windows are you using, and is themes enabled?
Hondata
VitViper

Post by VitViper »

Hondata wrote: VitViper: 50 degree maps. Depends if you start with a AFM calibration or forced induction AFM calibration.
Yup, I was aware of this ;)
Hondata wrote: VitViper: I'll add another table to the next release. I also think that the fuel tables are going to need significant tuning at first, so it should improve as they get closer.
Thanks. And yes, the fueling in open loop (in boost particularly, and on the high cam) is quite rich as compared to the standard MAP ("race") cal. We're ironing it out to see how it goes.
Hondata wrote: VitViper: tool tip window cut off. What windows are you using, and is themes enabled?
Windows 7, default theme settings, nothing changed.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Assuming your customer is in Euro, that's the difference between US and Euro fuel.

Next question - what is your display dpi setting? (display properties, advanced, general tab, dpi setting) Windows Vista onwards changes this setting for laptops but I did not thing that XP did.
Hondata
ash_rage

Post by ash_rage »

Hondata wrote:Assuming your customer is in Euro, that's the difference between US and Euro fuel.
Yep I am in England.

I have a tank full of 95 octane at the moment, I normally only run 99 octane. I dont envy your fuel quality in the states :-)
ajpturbopittsburgh

Post by ajpturbopittsburgh »

ash_rage wrote:
Hondata wrote:Assuming your customer is in Euro, that's the difference between US and Euro fuel.
Yep I am in England.

I have a tank full of 95 octane at the moment, I normally only run 99 octane. I dont envy your fuel quality in the states :-)
Yeah but I bet you envy the price LOL I buy fuel by the gallon and not the liter or litre or whatever you call it!

And I doubt that your 99 octane is not the same as our 99 octane. Why would you buy 99 octane race fuel on a daily basis? Seems dumb. I think the difference is what method is used to determine octane.
Last edited by ajpturbopittsburgh on Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VitViper

Post by VitViper »

Next question - what is your display dpi setting? (display properties, advanced, general tab, dpi setting) Windows Vista onwards changes this setting for laptops but I did not thing that XP did.
96dpi. It's windows 7 on a desktop.

The customer is in Europe, and already has a working FN2 MAP cal. I copied all his fueling into the AFM cal with use MAP fueling checked, ended up being very rich in boost.