Read Protect - how to undo ?

FlashPro Manager software
engjoo

Read Protect - how to undo ?

Post by engjoo »

I have enabled Read Protect on my flash pro. How do I undo it ?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You have to upload the calibration again.
engjoo

Post by engjoo »

Spunkster wrote:You have to upload the calibration again.

No. Uploading a new (same name or otherwise, primary or/and secondary) cal does not work.

Currently on v 1.1.5.6
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You must upload to the flashpro using the laptop and it will overwrite it.
engjoo

Post by engjoo »

Spunkster wrote:You must upload to the flashpro using the laptop and it will overwrite it.
That is what I did:

Notebook -> Flashpro

Could it be a firmware bug with the flashpro unit ?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It is working exactly as designed. Once you upload any calibration to the flashpro it removes the read protection.
engjoo

Post by engjoo »

Spunkster wrote:It is working exactly as designed. Once you upload any calibration to the flashpro it removes the read protection.
Tried it on two different PC and various cals. It is still Read Protected. You have mail.
engjoo

Post by engjoo »

OK. I tried various ways and found the following:

If you have only ONE cal in EITHER primary and secondary, it work as you intended.

If you have TWO cal in BOTH primary and secondary, you cannot undo the read protect by uploading another cal. The way to get it work under this scenario is to DELETE BOTH cal before reloading any new cal.

If you are using the primary and secondary and reloading each individually, it will not work.
ridzuansaidi7767

Re:

Post by ridzuansaidi7767 »

engjoo wrote:OK. I tried various ways and found the following:

If you have only ONE cal in EITHER primary and secondary, it work as you intended.

If you have TWO cal in BOTH primary and secondary, you cannot undo the read protect by uploading another cal. The way to get it work under this scenario is to DELETE BOTH cal before reloading any new cal.

If you are using the primary and secondary and reloading each individually, it will not work.
Thanks bro. I also facing this problem before. After read this post, i manage to remove the read protect. This is the clear answer for the question.
Tomaszvts16

Re: Read Protect - how to undo ?

Post by Tomaszvts16 »

Hi,

I have read protect which was turned on without my car (I had only flashPro and laptop). I tried remove it but any Solutions does not work. I wrote above posts with delation calibration but in my situation id się nie halo. Do you know how can I turn off "read protect"?. Hondata support also answer via email that its complicated and they need redirect The case to RMA when current crisis finished.

Finally I can not use Hondata due to read protection....
gunzo66

Post by gunzo66 »

I'm facing the same situation right now .. and interestingly .. emailing support gave me a bunch of useless rubbish ..

few things I would like to know ..

IS THIS THE METHOD TO REMOVE read protection ?
Is there any other way to remove read protect ??
How did read protect turned on by itself without me doing anything other than updating to new v3.6.5.0?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

According to your support email this was not a read protect problem - you overwrote the calibration in the FlashPro and no wish to retrieve the old calibration, which is not possible.
Hondata