Flashpro does'nt allow me to recover password.

FlashPro Manager software
bossman

Flashpro does'nt allow me to recover password.

Post by bossman »

I recently had to go through a long and frustrating process to load the flashpro drive on my new laptop with windows 7(64 bit I'm assuming).Once this was accomplished I plugged my flashpro in and saw that all of my owner info was not filled in. I attempted to update my flashpro after filling in my info and was asked for my password...I normally use one of two passwords for almost everything and neither worked so I attempted to recover the password but when I do I get a message that flashpromanagerexe. has stopped working.

Now recently my personal infor is filled in with weird characters in all of the blocks but I still can't retrieve my password.I als can't see any datalogs that I've done even though it's showing that space has been used by datalogs.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Some more information would be helpful. See http://www.hondata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10108

The first thing you need to do is to download and install the latest FlashProManager software. If you installed the USB drivers from the CD you should also update the USB drivers from the FlashProManager installation directory, not the CD.
Hondata
bossman

Post by bossman »

seriel # FP-SI-US-10444

Flashpro manager version V1.1.0.1

no calibration involved

no datalog involved

2006 Civic Si

OEM ECU

not sure what modifications would affect the ECU buy I have Intake, header and exhaust.

The problem is described in my first post.

Also.I'm not sure how to update the usb drivers from the flashpro installation directory.I had problems because the flashpro drivers did'nt automatically install so I had to do it manually.(There are many posts in a hondata flashpro thread on 8thcivic.com)
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

If you have V1.1.0.1 then you need to update to V1.1.1.

Follow these instructions to manually install the USB drivers:

http://www.hondata.com/help/flashpro/in ... indows.htm
Hondata
bossman

Post by bossman »

ok..I did that and my driver version is 1.0.2.0,my computer says windows has installed the best driver for my software.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Can you try the FlashPro on another computer? That will narrow the problem down to USB or not USB.
Hondata
VividDc5

Post by VividDc5 »

Try running the program in compatibility mode. i had some issues with my windows 7 and k-pro. it wouldnt even load the base 2005 cal. i switched the compatibility mode to xp sp2 and i was set. just right click the shortcut and click check compatibility and go from there.
bossman

Post by bossman »

ok...I'm a computer noob,where the hell is this "compatibility" that I need to click?
bossman

Post by bossman »

bump....anyone...how(meaning where do i start looking) change the compatibility?I really get lost on computers so step by step would be really helpful.I just wanna be able to use my FP again :cry:
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

What exaclty is the problem you are currently having?
bossman

Post by bossman »

Aside from my Flashpro driver being not up to date(I don't know how to update it if I have to do it manually)My main problem is this.....

Once I got the flashpro driver re-installed on my computer(actually I got a new computer with windows 7 already on it,my old one had vista and Flashpro worked perfectly then)I tried to update my "registered owner" info as I saw that it was blank.Once I filled in all of the blanks ans I attempt to update I am asked for my password,which I'm told is incorrect,so thinking that maybe I used a password I don't normally use I just attempt to recover/retrieve my password.

So far I'm thinking these problems are all my fault,but then I get a pop-up box that says that "flashpro manager.exe has stopped working".In the box in ine print it reads"A problem has caused this program to stop working correctly.Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available".

I doon't know what to do,but also,apon plugging in the device to my laptop tonight to see if a datalog worked(it did'nt by the way,and I did it the same way as when I had it on Windows Vista)I was asked if I wanted to instal the defice driver,I clicked yes and it went about installing the device driver like it did when I first plugged it in,but I would think the driver should have stayed on my computer if I already installed it once.
XSRCivic

Post by XSRCivic »

bossman wrote:bump...anyone?
My advice to you is to start over from scratch.
Uninstall the Hondata FlashPro Manager software.
Re-download the latest version and reinstall it again. (I also suggest turning off your antivirus software if you have one while doing this, remember to turn it back on after!)
Connect the FlashPro and install drivers just as you did before.
Connect your FlashPro to EVERY usb port on your computer and install drivers for it the same way each time. (if it asks for it)

Sometimes when you plug into a different usb port, the computer doesn't recognize the FlashPro.
bossman

Post by bossman »

ok..I un-installed it again,and I thought I downloaded the newest software(I get a message saying I have the most up to date version but I think that is wrong)I have no idea how to turn off my anti-virus software but I'll try to get that done
XSRCivic

Post by XSRCivic »

The point of re-installing the software is to eliminate a problem in the installation process. Sometimes virus scanners don't cooperate with installations that it thinks are shady. It may not let a needed program file be copied to your computer if it thinks the file is harmful (false positive).

You can probably right-click on the antivirus icon in your taskbar on the bottom right (i dont know which one you have) and close it or shut it down or something.

Its just a computer, it won't explode =)
bossman

Post by bossman »

ok..I've made progress,apparently the anti-virus was a BIG part of the problem and I have now been able to re-register my flashpro and update my owner info.Here's the newest thing that is frusteratiiong.....once the anti-virus was turned off I tried my password and it worked(when asked for it when updating the owner info) but when I tried to upload a calibration I was again asked for my password and I used the same one,only this time is says Incorrect password.I "retrieved " my password via E-mail and sure enough I was using the correct password but for some reason it does'nt like that password(the same one that successfully let me update my flashpro)when I try to upload.

btw,I tried everything with and without the anti-virus on I don't know what else could be stopping my progress.