Site Admin

FlashProManager 3.8.4

Post by Hondata »

V3.8.4 (20 October 2021)
• Firmware updated to version 204
• Fixed slow BlueTooth datalogging for some vehicles
• [2016+ Turbo Civic] Added support for Europe 2019 model 5AN-E41

Download here

Please only reply to this thread with issues & questions specific to the changes in this release. For all other problems start a new thread under the appropriate vehicle category.
Hondata
Garrett_si

Re: FlashProManager 3.8.4

Post by Garrett_si »

we send you an email about that this week, you said no issue with 3.8.2 and 3.8.3

So we tuned a FK8 on 3.8.3 ( about all 0 fuel trim, and 0 LTFT), since the new update 3.8.4 was release friday we updated. And now LTFT are 25%.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Please provide details. Are you using the fuel system and/or different injectors? What about providing the calibration?
Hondata
540999115@qq.com

Post by 540999115@qq.com »

Live tuning still doesn't work for China 5AF-CH1 in 3.8.4,sensors-AFM tuning.
RedYung

Post by RedYung »

I noticed some ignition tables has been removed. Ignition table low/high, knock retard low removed.
The ignition and knock control now left with only few tables to adjust.
Is it because of my FlashProManager settings or Hondata has removed them ?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Please provide details. What vehicle? Can you provide a calibration?
Hondata
RedYung

Post by RedYung »

Hi Hondata,
My calibration detail below. You can see that there are no additional ignition tables and knock control tables. I remembered last time I used to have them, but I can't recall since when they disappeared. There are no more adjustment tables for per cam degree ignition timings and etc..
CalibrationTables.png
CalibrationTables.png (478.81 KiB) Viewed 2519 times
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

That model has the same tables as any other CVT. No tables have been removed.
Hondata
Emount91

Post by Emount91 »

only noticed this after reflashing the car with the 3.8.4 software:

My check engine light comes on after the reflash and stays on for 3 engine cycles. When I try and run the code it says there is no check engine light on, and when I try and manually clear it it doesn't work. no historical codes either.

Only after that 3rd ignition turnover after flashing does the CEL finally go away. I haven't experienced this issue with any former updates, not sure if this is normal or not even an issue. Just something I noticed. (recreated it with 2 reflashes so far)
H.turbo

Post by H.turbo »

I have this same problem but i had the shop pull my codes and they are actually transmission codes. All of this happened after the new updated flash . I think it’s because the flash pro is reading trans temps. I don’t know for sure but it seems like the flash is the reason why.
Emount91

Post by Emount91 »

H.turbo wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:51 pm I have this same problem but i had the shop pull my codes and they are actually transmission codes. All of this happened after the new updated flash . I think it’s because the flash pro is reading trans temps. I don’t know for sure but it seems like the flash is the reason why.
The CEL goes away after 3 ignition cycles for you too right? Car doesn’t seem to be driving any differently than it should, was just very concerning the first time it happened because I had to make a 60 mile drive to work after a reflash. I wasn’t sure if I was damaging my engine somehow, and the Hondata app wasn’t even recognizing the CEL.
H.turbo

Post by H.turbo »

Yeah the app doesn’t pick up the code because it’s transmission related I think . I haven’t done 3 ignition cycles yet nor put some miles on the car yet . I’m pretty sure everything is fine with the car. The CEL is really concerning though.
H.turbo

Post by H.turbo »

Any insight @hondata ?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Please start by telling use what vehicle you have, what error you are getting and provide the calibration and a datalog.
Hondata
H.turbo

Post by H.turbo »

I have an civic hatch sport . My car is in the shop for some bodywork but the codes that came up or transmission related instead of engine related. I believe that one of the codes mentioned a connection interruption with the transmission module. After I flashed the new tune with the update the check engine light appeared. Whenever I get my car back I will be sure to send a data log in.