Q.. South African FN2 ecu

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the FN2 European Civic Type R
JDM TUNING

Q.. South African FN2 ecu

Post by JDM TUNING »

Hi all, need some assistance plse..
Our local South African FN2 ecu part# is 37820-RSP-NO2 I have searched everywhere, and it seems we the only ones stuck with this ecu??? Any possibilities of a FP for our model in the near future??I have used your compatibility search function( http://hondata.com/flashpro.html )
to no avail... :-/
Much Appreciated
JDM Tuning.. South Africa
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Perhaps in the future but there are no immediate plans for this.
JDM TUNING

Post by JDM TUNING »

Thanks alot Spunkster... will check for updates regularly... 8)
JDM TUNING

Post by JDM TUNING »

Do u, or anybody on this board, by any chance know if the Jap/Auz/ Euro RSP-E01-> RSP-E03 / RRC-J01-> RRC-J04 model ecu's, would be a direct replacement for our FN2's with the RSP-NO2 ecu? I know this sounds like a long shot, but any info here will be greatly appreciated.
AFAIK, our South African FN2s are built at the Swindon plant, UK.... if this helps at all...
I have tried to obtain this info locally... to no avail....

Jx jdm
Hondata1
Site Admin

Post by Hondata1 »

Our enquiries lead us to believe that the RSP-E03 would be a direct replacement. The main differences between the RSP-E03 and RSP-N02 are that the RSP-E03 needs the VIN number programmed into it. You would need to check to see if your Honda dealer could program the VIN number.
Alternatively you could purchase a used RSC-E02/E03 that already has a vin number programmed into it.

There are also a couple of minor differences with the way the South African Honda scan tools interact with the ECU.
JDM TUNING

Post by JDM TUNING »

Thank u Hondata1!!! It seems there may be some light in the tunnel after all!!!!
JDM TUNING

Post by JDM TUNING »

If i get the Euro spec ecu for our FN2's, do i have to purchase Flash pro (FP-SI-INT) via Europe, or can i get via HONDATA USA ? Is there some kind of region specific regulation?
Tnx
civicRSA

Post by civicRSA »

I have a question HONDATA.I have gone with your advice and got used Euro Civic FN2 ECU that comes from a working vehicle. RSP-E02 to replace my RSP-N02 ecu which cannot use flashpro.
I installed it but have not yet had my key recoded. I tried to start it and the engine turned over but on the large display I had an alternating engine and VSA error light.

What could the problem be? Is it something that Honda could sort out?
What can be so different between our FN2's and the Euro FN2's that the ECU would not work in both?

What is the possibility of developing the flashpro to work on our South African ECU's. I would even be prepared to send you my ECU.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

We would not be able to tell you what the differences are and it may not work correctly. This is not recommended or supported by Hondata.
civicRSA

Post by civicRSA »

Hi Spunkster. Thanks for the quick reply.
I got the responce from Lynn at CPL Racing when she emailed Hondata
Hello Chris

I have had the following response from Hondata, although at the moment we do not have any second hand FN2 ecus

Regards
Lynn

Hi Lynn

I am very confident a Euro RSP E02 FN2 ECU will work in place of the South African RSP N02 ECU. This ECU has small number of differences from the UK ECU. One of the differences is the VIN number.

If you supply him a UK ECU make sure a VIN number is already entered. Any second hand ECU will have a VIN number. The South African Honda dealer will need to match the immobilizer to the car. After that your customer will be good to go
I am now desperate to get this working as the ECU cost me 500 UK Pounds .

PLEASE HELP!!!!
shabsta

Post by shabsta »

@ HONDATA

There are a fair number of us from ZA who are looking for solutions to our problems. Please be of assistance in helping us as Im sure it would benefit both parties
civicRSA

Post by civicRSA »

Hondata could you please help me.
I installed the UK ecu RSP-E02 instead of the South African RSP-N02.
I took the car to the Honda dealer and they recoded my key. The car started and ran fine but there is a engine and vsa error. The dealer also says that their computer was picking up errors like injector and cam communication. I guess that is because they only have software for our ecu's.

Would flashpro be able to clear these errors? If so I would like to purchase and try.

What can be so different between 2 cars that are basically identicle but have different ecu's?
Vtec-On-E

Post by Vtec-On-E »

Comon HONDATA, Support of SA ECU's please, theres so much of interest here that people are even taking the gamble in buying Euro ECU's. If it works people would pay double in buying both Euro ECU and Flashpro compared to Euro customers that only need to buy flashpro. Now that says alot.
JDM TUNING

Post by JDM TUNING »

:P We can fill pages here in requests.... please Hondata!
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Without a vehicle here we cannot tell what the differences are.

This is all at your own risk - it is not something we support.
Hondata