BIG problem with fuel gauge after FP

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the FN2 European Civic Type R
mw1978

BIG problem with fuel gauge after FP

Post by mw1978 »

HONDATA could you fix this problem???
I have euro CTR GT and today i flashed my ECU. Im using MAP calibration. I know that some of trip computer doesn't work. I can live with this. Proble is with my fuel gauge becauseit doesn't work well. it dancing on my dash. Momentary consumpotion always show 30L/100km. The same is with AVG fuel.
After i fil up to full my car trip computer counted 50L petrol : 30L and show that i cen run only 170km. This 170km made that my fuel gauge drop down very fast. When trip computer showed ZERO km to station fuel gauge get up!!!!
Hondata could you disablet this moment consumption and AVG consumption.
Hondata1
Site Admin

Re: BIG problem with fuel gauge after FP

Post by Hondata1 »

The MAP based calibration is a Race calibration. It is not guaranteed that everything will work perfectly.

If you tune with the MAF based calibration all your gauges will work correctly.

With the FN2 we have been made aware of several instances of the fuel gauge reading irregularly and are looking into it, but are unable to reproduce it on our test cars here.
SkyeHack

Post by SkyeHack »

My fuel economy plummeted down to 250 miles for a full tank of gas! And I was vteching every now and then in 90% city driving. Is this normal as well since I am running the MAP race map? Should I switch to a MAF map for better ecnomy as well?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

From Help, About, what is the versio of software you are currently using?
SkyeHack

Post by SkyeHack »

mw1978

Re: BIG problem with fuel gauge after FP

Post by mw1978 »

Hondata1 wrote:The MAP based calibration is a Race calibration. It is not guaranteed that everything will work perfectly.

If you tune with the MAF based calibration all your gauges will work correctly.

We have been made aware of several instances of the fuel gauge reading irregularly and are looking into it, but are unable to reproduce it on our test cars here.
As i said HONDATA. I can live without trip computer!!! but fuel gauge must work corect!!! Could some one tell me how to fix it.
I have pics whot's happend in my car!
SkyeHack

Post by SkyeHack »

i am noticing this happeneing to my american fg2 as well. it will go down VERY fast and then just get stuck and the next day have another bar and then go down very fast again and stop. wtf?!?!?!
Dawid S

Post by Dawid S »

I have the same problem as above :? Can we do something with that :?:
jeremy0203

Post by jeremy0203 »

the software is super buggy which is expected since it was obvious they pushed their release when cobb made announcement of the AP being available. i guess they traded off software with bugs for more buyers.
locash

Post by locash »

Jeremy, that is a rediculous answer, and completely unfounded. Hondata has multiple test cars, and did not run into this issue on their vehicles before release. Rest assured, they will fix the issue(s) asap..
Locash Racing, LLC
Hondata Sales and Tuning
Dynapack 4000 2wd Dyno
In-Shop CNC Machining and Product Manufacturing
SkyeHack

Post by SkyeHack »

So I counted 9 8thcivic members that are having this problem. 8 out of the 9 members are driving American Spec Si's with the MAP calibration.

What is Hondata's official responce to this?

That's its a race calibration and to suck it up??
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

There is a problem with the fuel gauge Race calibration with the FN2. Our response is as above.

We have not seen this problem with the FG2, FA5 or FD2, and do not believe there is an ECU generated issue. If you think you have a problem with the fuel gauge, you will need to document the exact number of bars vs mileage for several tanks of fuel along with the driving cycle. Then document the same behaviour with a back to stock reflash.
Hondata
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

SkyeHack: You're trolling.

If you think you have a problem with the fuel gauge, you will need to document the exact number of bars vs mileage for several tanks of fuel along with the driving cycle. Then document the same behaviour with a back to stock reflash.
Hondata
SkyeHack

Post by SkyeHack »

ill just rally up the troops on 8thcivic since you want to delete all my posts and get your attnention over there......
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

We're going in circles here. Twice in this thread we've asked you to document any odd behaviour but you do not seem interested.

With the US & JDM Civic the ECU does not control the fuel level. The fuel sender signal goes to the dash. Because of this I do not believe the ECU can be the cause of odd fuel gauge behaviour.

With the Euro Civic the fuel signal still goes to the dash, but the issue is that the Race calibration does not send fuel consumption information to the dash. The dash therefore does odd things it seems.
Hondata