Fresh installed group n map

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the FN2 European Civic Type R
lbmarsh

Fresh installed group n map

Post by lbmarsh »

Hi Guys,

Just wondering what the opinion is or if there's any e-tuners that can assist with my fladhpro, group n map is installed and the car is now running very lean at low revs (don't have data log to hand atm) and under full acceleration it feels sluggish and hesitant and some had an instance of a cough this eve 4th gear 4500 revs.

Fn2 running hks rsk and tegiwa catback.

Is it worth taking it to eurospec or could someone give me some advice

Cheers guys!!
typer86

Re: Fresh installed group n map

Post by typer86 »

I can tune your car via e-tune.
Pm me if interested.

I have tuned 3x fn2 with similar mods like you.

BR
goodwoodone

Post by goodwoodone »

Hi typer 86 sorry to jump on this thread but im in need of a emap for my FN2 i have a Gruppe M intake piper header with CAT removed and a TODA catback exhaust.
I will be getting a dyno run later but want it to make a good start now.
Thanks
Gareth
lbmarsh

Post by lbmarsh »

typer86 wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:52 am I can tune your car via e-tune.
Pm me if interested.

I have tuned 3x fn2 with similar mods like you.

BR
Hi dude, won't let me pm you for some reason, but yeah pretty keen to get it running better, drop me a message with an email address in and I'll get in touch, cheers.
lbmarsh

Post by lbmarsh »

After a week or two of driving and some better fuel it's stopped coughing but still feels a little bit naff, is there a good to doing the fueling so I can have a crack??
typer86

Post by typer86 »

lbmarsh wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:08 am After a week or two of driving and some better fuel it's stopped coughing but still feels a little bit naff, is there a good to doing the fueling so I can have a crack??
No I don't think so... Most cases it is solved if the engine is tuned. The base map is only a base map and I do not recommend to drive this every day...
typer86

Post by typer86 »

goodwoodone wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:40 am Hi typer 86 sorry to jump on this thread but im in need of a emap for my FN2 i have a Gruppe M intake piper header with CAT removed and a TODA catback exhaust.
Thanks
Gareth
I can tune your engine. I have tuned many FN2 before
- 2x NA FN2 (none turbo/supercharged)
- 1x turbo FN2
- many supercharged FN2 :D
- 1x K20z4 head/K24 block frank

All projects are extrem fine tuned without bumbs in VTC, Ign calibration. Additional IAT, ECT compensation tables will be adjusted so the car shows perfect lambda value each temperature situation/saison...
goodwoodone

Post by goodwoodone »

Hello Typer86 thanks for the reply would be interested in the tune how would you normally proceed I'm busy at the moment but if you need me to do data logs to get an idea how my car is running that would be good next week.
Thanks
Gareth
Cranney

Post by Cranney »

typer86 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:27 am
goodwoodone wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:40 am Hi typer 86 sorry to jump on this thread but im in need of a emap for my FN2 i have a Gruppe M intake piper header with CAT removed and a TODA catback exhaust.
Thanks
Gareth
I can tune your engine. I have tuned many FN2 before
- 2x NA FN2 (none turbo/supercharged)
- 1x turbo FN2
- many supercharged FN2 :D
- 1x K20z4 head/K24 block frank

All projects are extrem fine tuned without bumbs in VTC, Ign calibration. Additional IAT, ECT compensation tables will be adjusted so the car shows perfect lambda value each temperature situation/saison...
Typer86 can you send me a pm, I need a e tune
typer86

Post by typer86 »

PM is out.
typer86

Post by typer86 »

goodwoodone wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:32 am Hello Typer86 thanks for the reply would be interested in the tune how would you normally proceed I'm busy at the moment but if you need me to do data logs to get an idea how my car is running that would be good next week.
Thanks
Gareth
E-TUNING process

The e-tuning process is easy.
#1 Each e-tune customer will receive a OneDrive link.
> In this folder in the OneDrive the car calibrations will be updated from me.
#2 Each drive cycle you will upload into a sup-dir inside the OneDrive named with the calibration-version so I can map your datalog to the calibration.
#3 You will receive my mobile number for whatsapp so we can discuss all details, changes and a lot of more :-)

(e-Tuning consume a lot of time so I can not do it for free)

If you are interested, PM me.

BR
curtusz

Post by curtusz »

I'm using n group map and I'm finding I get a lean condition at 2000rpm and below in 6th at wot ... although it's using target lambda values.. not really a problem as don't usually lug the engine .. but do find it odd
typer86

Post by typer86 »

If this come up, prim oxy sensor is bad or fuel pump is going to die...
The first one I have seen few month ago on a supercharged FN2.

First 3 gears are OK, then the mixture is going lean until lambda 0.85/0.87 in cause that the ECU would like to switch back to closed loop and does not revving high.
curtusz

Post by curtusz »

I will check it later when I have some time .. I have an aem 320lph pump in my garage left over from an ep3 I used to own and an aem uego a/f gauge .. I will try the factory map and do some testing find out if it's a bad lambda or pump or software .. thanks for the info
Crx_AA

Post by Crx_AA »

Hi,

do you have the group N map to K-Pro?