WOT Lambda Adjustment Table

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the FN2 European Civic Type R
Lerlo

WOT Lambda Adjustment Table

Post by Lerlo »

Hi everybody,

I am new to hondata, have had my Flashpro and messing with it for about 3 months now.

Here is what I understand from reading numerous articles/posts on the internet on the matter and my experiences.
Do let me know if I am wrong.

- The FN2 from factory are tuned via the AFM
- There are 3 modes the ECU can be in, 1- Closed Loop, 2 - Closed Loop WOT & 3- Open Loop
- Close loop AFR are set via "Closed Loop Target Lambda" and if not in WOT, S.Trim will aim to keep it at that
- Closed Loop WOT is where the "WOT Lambda Adjustment" is above 12.5 AFR, in this mode, the fuel is S.Trim-ed to follow the tables's AFR target
- Open loop is where the "WOT Lambda Adjustment" is below 12.5 AFR, in this mode, the AFR is just a reference and a % correction is done off some fuel map(Not visible to us?)
- It is not good to keep the ECU running at Closed Loop all the time
- As such, AFM tune, we are limited to a max of 12.49 AFR for open loop. (No leaner)

I have ascertained this as when I set my AFR (WOT Table) to, say, 12.7, my datalogged AFR will religiously stay at 12.7 all the way till red line. S.Trims can be seen keeping it at that AFR.

However, is I set my AFR (WOT Table) to say, 12.46, it will not necessarily stay at 12.46 but rather start of at 12.6 and taper off to 12.1 at redline.

I have yet to figure out the speed/density MAP tuning. I tried it twice over the past 2 days and the AFR was all over the place. This suggests that the MAP Fuel Tables that Hondata provides is not tailored to the FN2 and would require extensive tuning?

My car has a K&N drop in and a tegiwa scoop with a supersprint muffler, so basically near stock.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: WOT Lambda Adjustment Table

Post by Spunkster »

You cannot expect to just switch to tune via MAP tables and have it run exactly the same as it did on the AFM. You must tune on the dyno to get the AF correct.
Lerlo

Re: WOT Lambda Adjustment Table

Post by Lerlo »

Spunkster wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:20 am You cannot expect to just switch to tune via MAP tables and have it run exactly the same as it did on the AFM. You must tune on the dyno to get the AF correct.
Ah, thanks for confirming that. It would be a big job then, unless someone has a rough MAP fuel table for a stock car for me.. ☺️