Mapped to stock, when to change??

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the FN2 European Civic Type R
Luminousv2

Mapped to stock, when to change??

Post by Luminousv2 »

Hello all, newbie here o/

I'd like information on when should I change my ECU back to stock? Do I do it AFTER i fit the stock parts or do it BEFORE I fit them?
Does it matter? Is there a danger of driving a mapped ECU with stock parts? Etc etc. I hope you understand what I mean.

Thank you so much in advance!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Mapped to stock, when to change??

Post by Spunkster »

I would recommend that you do it at the same time.
Luminousv2

Post by Luminousv2 »

Spunkster wrote:I would recommend that you do it at the same time.
I am having a mechanic remove the manifold and exhaust but he wont do the ECU. Should I ask if I can use his internet to do it there and then ?
Thank you for the response.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You do not need internet access to return to stock. You only need internet access to unlock it.
Luminousv2

Post by Luminousv2 »

Spunkster wrote:You do not need internet access to return to stock. You only need internet access to unlock it.
Oh okay! Two more questions if you don't mind:
1) I just installed the hondata program and it said it was dangerous to use on my operating system and could result in ECU failure (Windows 10) But then I updates the program and it didn't show again. I assume the update was for windows 10 compatibility? I hope...
2) Is the stock map already on the flashpro or do I have to find one and put it on there? Anyway I can find out without connecting it to the ECU ? Thanks so much for your help :D
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Are you sure that's the exact error message, because that is not an error message that our software generates?

You must plug everything in and go to the online menu and click on return to stock.