Idle running problem

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the FN2 European Civic Type R
whogives

Idle running problem

Post by whogives »

I recently had a supercharger fitted, CT Engineering. remapped using my flashpro been fine for a good few months, I've come across a problem, driving down the highway all fine come to a stop and the idle speed changed revving up and down 1000rpm to 2000rpm.... know all the time.

After reading many different things I decided to change the Throttle body for a NEW one, changed all pipes, drained and refilled coolant. Then disconnected battery for about 30 minutes reconnected and then started car (from cold) within 1min started doing the same. I'm really struggling know is there anything I can do using my flashpro, I.E resetting the ECU ???? Any help much appreciated :)
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Idle running problem

Post by Hondata »

The ECU cannot fix this - it is a vacuum leak.
Hondata
whogives

Post by whogives »

Ok ... Thanks, I'm just struggling to find the vacuum leak are there any other pipes I've missed.... IE Hidden anywhere ???
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

IT could be a supercharger gasket or one of the lines connected to it. You may want to contact CT Engineering as they will be most familiar with what might be leaking in this case.
whogives

Post by whogives »

Problem solved...... the supercharger support bracket ....the top part of the bracket had worked loose, the air has then been sucked in , causing the vacuum leak. Got a new bolt and refitted the bracket to the supercharger.... HAPPY DAYS