General question K20 - popping/crackle noise for a "sport mode" possible?

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the FN2 European Civic Type R
RandoFg2

Re: General question K20 - popping/crackle noise for a "sport mode" possible?

Post by RandoFg2 »

Found this in another thread, someone willing to try it out??
AlwaysInVtec wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:28 pm I finally figured it out!!!

I adjusted the "Overrun Fuel Cutoff" setting to

"Overrun Fuel Cutoff TPS"
Throttle : -10%
Delay : 10ms

"Overrun Fuel Cutoff MAP"
KPa : 8 (across the entire table)

"Overrun Fuel Cutoff Initial & Return"
RPM : 8000 (across both tables)

That got it working sort of

I then set the ignition timing where I was at during decel to 24 degrees (from 1500-8000 on the far most left hand column)

And added just a bit of fuel to that area as well

Doing all of that keeps the afr during decel between 14.5 and 16.5 which allows the car to make lots of nice crackling, popping, and burbling noises which I love.

I'm sure not every car would use these settings and I'd imagine it would depend on each individual setup based on injectors and what type of fuel you're on (I'm on e85).

I also don't know if this is detrimental to the motor in any way so I'm not going to suggest anyone do this to their own car unless you're willing to risk the unknown effects of this over a long term duration.
RandoFg2

Post by RandoFg2 »

curtusz wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:34 am Just alter overrun recover/restart .. it will just gargle and pop away on deceleration .. kinda annoying after a while for me personally .. I would recommend having as a second map on the flashpro just so you can change it back easier .. also can't really be good for cylinder walls and piston rings .. bore wash and all that
But what parameter do u change and what do you set it to? It only lets you edit the MAP vs RPM On that section
typer86

Post by typer86 »

curtusz wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:34 am Just alter overrun recover/restart .. it will just gargle and pop away on deceleration .. kinda annoying after a while for me personally .. I would recommend having as a second map on the flashpro just so you can change it back easier .. also can't really be good for cylinder walls and piston rings .. bore wash and all that
Which values you entered? I have tried a lot of parmeters - but the only what I have figured out was at "light throttle" the engine pops. But I would like to have the pops if the clutch is pressed to change the gear... And this is what I did not archive yet because the injector cut come in rapidly and this can not be changed I think...
curtusz

Post by curtusz »

I don't have the software in front of me right now to tell you . But i rememeber it was just rpm based for when the injectors cut and restart I just set that way high so the injectors don't shut off and it will gargle and pop all the way down on deceleration. When I've finished work I will take a look for you mate
the GTR

Post by the GTR »

configure to keep injectors running after clutch in or off the throttle, and on the first two columns go -10 degrees. also if you want you can also add 10% fuel on those two columns and it should make it do it a bit more.
typer86

Post by typer86 »

Hmm. I try this out.
typer86

Post by typer86 »

I have keep the Injector running without fuel cut. But the Injector are running also in low rpm and this is odd to drive and worn out the piston rings.

The setting which is available should be adjustable to make the fuel cut delay to 2 seconds if clutch is pressed and automatically retard the ignition to zero or - 10 degrees to get 3 or 4 exhaust pops. Depending how much fuel you add the noise will be increased of the pops. Additional this should is use only at 4krpm and higher. In low rpm or low load we do not have this...

Unfortunately it's not possible if the fuel cut is configured...

If the first two columns are retarded to much the engine is jumping in different situations so it must be programmed separately in a shifting decel exhaust pop event or similia...
typer86

Post by typer86 »

Someone have figured out the configuration for Anti-Lag on the FN2?
Is this only active on starting if the car is pulling from the start? Or is this feature always active after 3800rpm for example...?

An additonal flag for fuel cut delay if this option is active will help to avoid worn the piston rings...

PS: I think with this feature we are be able to provide high quality mapping like Ford Forcus RS or I30n etc.
Anti-lag.png
Anti-lag.png (21.39 KiB) Viewed 16737 times
KT7788

Post by KT7788 »

Any good news on that ?
typer86

Post by typer86 »

Yes... Figured out now...

Option must be configured as follow
1. Menu: "Fuel" > "Overrun fuel cut delay"
... Timing must be rise up to 100-120 ms on all gears

2. retard igntion in your IGN table to -10 (as low as possible) at shifiting area.
> Col 1 and 2 from 3000 rpm till end of your configuration (apply this for all ign cam angles)

3. You can also lean up some spots to lambda 1.01 or 1.02 to produce more lean-bangs
> For Flames exzessive more fuel (super rich) at shifting area is required also the exhaust must be de-cat'ed...

CAUTION:
1. This configuration will worn your o2 sensor, catalytic converter
2. Abuse can possible worn out your piston rings caused by long overrun of the fuel injection at ign retard...

Use it at your own risk