FlashPro questions & answers specific to the FN2 European Civic Type R
Honda

P2101 error

Post by Honda »

The FN2 was originaly with
RSP intake
J35 throttle
Injen CAI intake
Everything was ok. Car was like that for over a year...

Installed RBC intake keeping the rest the same. We had the P2101 error.

P2101 table in flash manager did nothing no matter i originaly changed the values (never tried to increase to max. Tried only to icrease up to 20%).
I ve managed to fix it (or i think i did) by changing-increasing the values of the "throttle flow vs opening" [what value is used in this table?].
Everything was ok.

Installed custom 80mm intake. Fixed the maf and WOT map tables. P2101 error came up again.
Now i cant fix it neither with the "throttle flow vs opening" nor with the "maximum plate deviation"
Tested the original Throttle body and another J35 having the same results.

The Tplate firstly closes (i cant find the cause) and then the ecu gives the P2101 error cause of the deviation. What is the original cause of the throttle closing? Does the ecu have a max maf-rpm or VE-rpm relation-check routine and because of the RBC we exceed it and the trottle closes? Almost always the error occurs in 8600rpm.
What are the causes that can close the Tplate in the ECU?
[Can you add the option to disable the P2101 error to check if the Tplate still closes after 8600rpm?] did it by increasing the deviation error to 150%
Last edited by Honda on Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:34 am, edited 4 times in total.
Honda

Re: P2101 error

Post by Honda »

Last edited by Honda on Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Honda

Post by Honda »

A friend that i asked claims the he managed to fix the error by calibrating the tps with the honda diagnostics in honda service.
Is this possible? If yes can this be added in the flash manager?
Honda

Post by Honda »

Last edited by Honda on Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The throttle body draws more current than the ECU can provide.
See www.hondata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=18527
Hondata
Honda

Post by Honda »

The first setup with the injen the J35 and the RBC worked... the only thing we changed was the 80mm intake.
Also before that he had RSP with injen and J35 for more than a year with 8850 rev limit.
Honda wrote: Tested the original Throttle body and another J35 having the same results.
Keeping a TB stady open does not draw so much current. If you want i can measure the current and give you the log amp-rpm.
Why it always happen in 8600rpm?
I tried keeping the throttle wide open with 6th gear for many seconds without having any problem.
Honda

Post by Honda »

To produce the error by hand it needs so much force to apply on the throttle plate that if it was a cable one i would feel it on the pedal...

I tested today again a STOCK TB with 100% NO success
After that i installed a J37 TB with 100% success
How can this be explained???
Is there any chance that is Tplate calibration or a Reduced Engine Power mode?

If you d like to post any log for research purposes please tell me to do...
CivicVTi

Post by CivicVTi »

Back to this topic, which is quite common with FN2 and RBC only, I attach a log. It seems to be something weird (like pulsation on the throttle plate due to the angled throttle position of the RBC perhaps) and always happen at 8600rpm.
Attachments
FN2 RBC thottle issues.fpdl
(5.72 KiB) Downloaded 171 times
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

If the error is from a non-stock throttle then we have demonstrated that the ECU does not provide the same current and any error cannot be fixed by changing a setting in the ECU firmware.

If the error is from the stock throttle body they did from vibration and VSA activity. Or there is a slight chance the ECU output has been damaged but I've never seen that.
Hondata
CivicVTi

Post by CivicVTi »

Stock TB, just RBC. No error with stock RSP manifold so ecu output should be ok. Very common problem with most fn2’s running rbc intakes. Also occurs with vsa disabled. Strange