Which IAT sensor for FN2 can be used?

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the FN2 European Civic Type R
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Which IAT sensor for FN2 can be used?

Post by Spunkster »

The connector is not sold separately. Try a junk yard.
el colon

Post by el colon »

Spunkster wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:36 pm The connector is not sold separately. Try a junk yard.
Thanks very much for the reply!

I think they there is a chance that the connectors MIGHT be available via 3rd party suppliers. I just heard from another Atom owner that they had to replace their K20 crank sensor connector and they bought and used this as a direct fit:

https://kojaycat.co.uk/epages/950000457 ... M-MAP-CONN

Thanks
el colon

Post by el colon »

Hello again,

I'm looking for a bit more specific help regarding wiring of IAT and MAP sensors. I have a UK Ariel Atom 3 with the supercharged K20 engine. I am going to be changing the inlet manifold (to allow me to install an after cooler core and chargecooler system and therefore increase boost, also hoping to switch from current Jackson Racing supercharger to TVS1320). Currently, the car is standard (how it left Ariel) and runs a MAF sensor just after the airfilter and before the throttle body:

This is the wiring from the loom going into the MAF connector:

Having removed the Jackson Racing supercharger today, I've also found a MAP sensor:

This is where I'm confused...... I thought that if you have a MAF sensor you DON'T have an IAT sensor or a MAP sensor as the MAF sensor does everything (but not as good as individual sensors)? I want to use a Hondata 4 bar map sensor together with a genuine Honda IAT sensor that I have cut down the end to expose the thermistor and make readings "quicker":

Imagehost pictures free

Can I connect the Hondata 4 bar map sensor to the loom where the OE MAP sensor was, and just modify the wiring/splice into the MAF connector to feed the new IAT sensor (car doesn't have an IAT sensor at the moment), and basically ditch the OE MAF sensor? I really want to use a dedicated IAT sensor positioned in the inlet manifold. At the moment the only intake air temperaturre reading comes form the MAF sensor which is completely stupid design as that is before the throttle body and supercharger.

Would really appreciate any help with this.

Many thanks!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

el colon

Post by el colon »

Spunkster wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:40 pm Details are in the help file: https://www.hondata.com/help/flashpro/a ... ghtsub=iat
That's great, much appreciated!