Weird knocks in cylinder 3

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the FN2 European Civic Type R
august77

Re: Weird knocks in cylinder 3

Post by august77 »

engjoo wrote:
august77 wrote:since the ecu with flashpro cannot differentiate the false knock (normally sounds from race headers) and the real knock... you will need a knock mic with the head-phone to do that.
But the problem is the knock only comes after 1-2 days and get worst over time.
If that is so, then you will need to have ur tuner check out for knocks using a knock-mic.. This is best done on a dyno.

When it comes to a modified car.. knocking is pretty common, since some of the parts we install can contribute to the false knocking which adds up along with the true knock. You have to factor in, false knocks coming from header, valve movement and so on.
engjoo

Post by engjoo »

august77 wrote:
engjoo wrote:
august77 wrote:since the ecu with flashpro cannot differentiate the false knock (normally sounds from race headers) and the real knock... you will need a knock mic with the head-phone to do that.
But the problem is the knock only comes after 1-2 days and get worst over time.
If that is so, then you will need to have ur tuner check out for knocks using a knock-mic.. This is best done on a dyno.

When it comes to a modified car.. knocking is pretty common, since some of the parts we install can contribute to the false knocking which adds up along with the true knock. You have to factor in, false knocks coming from header, valve movement and so on.

But my car is stock apart from the intake duct and a drop in filter. I am still deeply troubled that both the tuner's cal and flashpro's 'Stock Equivalent' is knocking like crazy.
august77

Post by august77 »

Does the knock count increase when the engine gets hot?
engjoo

Post by engjoo »

august77 wrote:Does the knock count increase when the engine gets hot?

No. Same. I don't track nor push the car hard. Just normal driving to and from work. Let me say again the factory map don't knock under the same condition. All these are done over extended period of monitoring (ie I would drive for 1 week on each map and collect data log on a daily basis)
skier

Post by skier »

can post ur calibration and datalog up?
adrians

Post by adrians »

I have similar problem that I dont know how to solve :( - knocks in 2nd and 3rd cylinder. the only mod is the AEM SRI + adjusted Group N map. Attaching datalog and calibration. Please advise. thanks
Attachments
jan_3_2012.fpdl
(5.3 MiB) Downloaded 361 times
GroupN_rev17.fpcal
(17.51 KiB) Downloaded 316 times