Engine re build with Rotrex Supercharger

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the FN2 European Civic Type R
hoddy

Engine re build with Rotrex Supercharger

Post by hoddy »

I have just received a complete kit with Rotrex 30-94 unit, 7.50 injectors, fuel pump, intercooler ect
Flash Pro with starter map
I have full exhaust sytem, headers ect
Forged pistons & rods
I live in Perth Western Australia, & have been to a lot of dyno tuning places to see if they can finish off the tune for my car but there does not seem to be anyone that has used Hondata before
My mechanic has a complete workshop but does not have a dyno, I have looked at the software & videos & passed them on to the mechanic
My question before I strip my car down is their any tips & tricks I should be aware of that might help me
joel1188

Post by joel1188 »

hi

take a look at this, i should be able to help you

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/type-r/410 ... o-day.html

thanks
joel
hoddy

Post by hoddy »

joel1188 wrote:hi

take a look at this, i should be able to help you

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/type-r/410 ... o-day.html

thanks
joel
Thank you very much
Ian
hoddy

Post by hoddy »

After many small hassels I finally have the SC fitted The dyno tuning people have just rang me about the supplied base map & said it did not have a closed loop added so the car does not idle properly (hopefully I got it right)
As I do not know much about it & I can not find a map that is close to to my engine specs I was wondering if anyone has any ideas
hoddy

Post by hoddy »

The tuner has sored out the idling problems & has completed the tune, he was just uploading the final map when the red cross under the ecu came up & now the car cranks but does not start
He has tried re installing, software ect but there has been no luck
Battery is fully charged & he has tried another laptop
He sent a email from his laptop within the Hondata software
Western Aust time this morning 12 of October
Simon from GTI performance centre, when you reply can you keep me in the loop please
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Please have the tuner download the newest beta version of software from our website and see if that works. If there is still a problem have him send the support information again using the new version.
hoddy

Post by hoddy »

Spunkster wrote:Please have the tuner download the newest beta version of software from our website and see if that works. If there is still a problem have him send the support information again using the new version.
The tuner has tried the latest beta software & still has the same problem, he has sent another e mail to you using the latest software
hoddy

same problem again

Post by hoddy »

I received my flashpro & ECU back I uploaded the map & everything was fine. I had to wait a while as the tuner is very busy & yesterday I drove my car to the tuner & the same thing has happened agian, I have e mailed Matt & the tuner has e mailed from the software
He is concerned as to what happened & would like to know why
He is using the latest software
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The problem report was sent with an older version of the software, yet the last few uploads were made with the current version. Both you and your tuner need to search the hard drives on all your computers/laptops for 'FlashProManager.exe' and delete all versions prior to the most recent (V1.1.6.7).

What are the current symptoms? Does the software detect the OBDII port? Does it detect the ECU?
If it will detect OBDII then send the problem report again with the FlashPro plugged into the vehicle with the ignition on.
If it will not detect OBDII then first check the OBDII connector in the vehicle and bent or misplaced pins. Also check the power fuse for the OBDII port (fuse #23 on a US vehicle but may be different for a FN2). If that looks good the next step would be to swap the ECU into another FN2 and check that the OBDII and ECU are detected by the software.
Hondata
hoddy

Post by hoddy »

I went over to the tuners made sure he had the latest software, tried to upload map & had the message (turn the ignition on)
The engine cranks over but does not start
The Flash Pro Manager sees the Flash Pro but not the ECU (red cross)
The tuner has sent an e-mail through to you using the latest software
It is exactly the same as what happened before
He uploaded a map successfully & then tried the next map & about half way through the cycle it stopped & that is where we are at
Is it possible to have the ECU fixed locally without it being sent to you
If possible can you tell me what caused this as I do not want it to happen again
I cannot find another ECU to try it against
The tuner is a electronics engineer & said that the ECU engine management system is corrupted
hoddy

Post by hoddy »

Is the wiring diagram in flash pro help for the ECU are the pin positions ect the same for the FN2 ECU ( I have the latest software)
I have an innovative MTX-L wide band 02 sensor & guage & want to connect it up to compare with the stock 02 sensor, I understand that it will be only for data logging
What would be the best way of doing this
My car is running very well at the moment but I notice looking at the exhaust that it is running a little rich & there is smoke coming out the exhaust at WOT but the fueling is OK in the CAL
tu5j4

Post by tu5j4 »

I have an Innovate motorsport LC1 on my FN2 to monitor afr`s and I used pin A23 ELD. Switch off the ELD parameter in flashpro.
All the other pinouts cannot be used on the FN2.
Make sure the ground is routed to ground location 101 intake manifold bolt for the ecu.
I had a serious voltage offset but with flashpro you can compensate for that.
hoddy

Post by hoddy »

tu5j4 wrote:I have an Innovate motorsport LC1 on my FN2 to monitor afr`s and I used pin A23 ELD. Switch off the ELD parameter in flashpro.
All the other pinouts cannot be used on the FN2.
Make sure the ground is routed to ground location 101 intake manifold bolt for the ecu.
I had a serious voltage offset but with flashpro you can compensate for that.
Thank you very much