High Strim Question

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the FD2 Japanese Civic Type R
kid2550

High Strim Question

Post by kid2550 »

This happens once or twice every few months
After driving awhile, I stop at a 7-11. After 5 minutes, I turn car on. At idle, Ltrim slowly goes up around +3% but the Strim shoots up to +12%. It’ll sometimes go to 20% for a few seconds then come back does to 12%. I can then smell paint thinner, like its leaning out.

I turn the car off and on and then the trims are back to normal. Some times turning it off and on does nothing. I’d have to do it several times or just drive.

I have Deatschwerk 450cc and Walboro fuel pump, all literally brand new. Motor is stock. (Planning to rebuild
My motor but learning to tune atm). Opening times are set from DW ‘s website info. 2008 FD2R with same stock coils.

Does anyone know why this happens? Leak on intake manifold somewhere would be my guess?
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: High Strim Question

Post by Hondata »

Can you send us a calibration and datalog?
Hondata
kid2550

Post by kid2550 »

It took a little bit because I had to wait for it to happen again. Attached are the files from yesterday and its not acting as bad as it was before but noticeable. It's towards the end. I'll keep logging till it gets really bad or you think this is enough.

Also wanted to add its 450cc DeatschWerks Injectors and Walboro 255LPH Pump. I made the changes for injector size and opening time.

Thank You
Attachments
FD2001.fpdl
(148.82 KiB) Downloaded 182 times
FD2001.fpcal
(11.55 KiB) Downloaded 169 times
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

It doesn't look unusual. The IAT sensor on those vehicles doesn't accurately measure the actual intake air temperature and with a long hot idle the AF will get inaccurate.
Hondata