FD2R JAPAN SPEC ABNORMAL TIMING RETARD

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the FD2 Japanese Civic Type R
Shalashaska

Re: FD2R JAPAN SPEC ABNORMAL TIMING RETARD

Post by Shalashaska »

skier wrote:normally, when we first start using flashpro, the knocks appear in cyl 2 and 3.
for your case, its only appearing in cyl 3.

did you install hard mounts or ETD?

if not and the knock retard still appear in cyl 3 after RTS,

i suggest you check ur engine by a competent mechanic. it may be mechanically related like injector problem, etc etc..
Shalashaska wrote:
skier wrote:that because 1.4.7 still need some correction after their new complier.
its normal for BETA programs to have some bugs, especially when switching compilers.
this is already mentioned.

that why I'm still using 1.4.1.

only recently i have upgraded to 1.5 which is so far so good

I tuned my own car..

my result?
u can find it in ctr forum.. the 1 with zero knocks
also corrected some ctrs tune.. so far everyone happy with the adjustment
Hi Skier, mind sharing how did you fix the problems? My car is experiencing tons of knock retard every time i step on the pedal and also a lot of knocks in cylinder 3 when i am using FP. Even when i RTS, i get 0 knock count but my knock control and retard are way off the charts causing me to lose tons of power. I really cannot understand what is the problem.

I have attached my FP calibration with a FP datalog and a stock ECU datalog if you are free to take a look. Using esso 8000 btw.

Cheers!
Hi bro, thanks for your advice. My mountings are stock. Went to my mechanic and have him checked and cleaned my injectors. He even swapped injector no.3 to cylinder 1 but knock still exists in Cylinder 3. Then I went to see my tuner, he helped me to turn off knock retard to see if there are any improvements in fuel consumption and power loss. Car feels much better now but turns out that Cylinder 2 is knocking 98 times now with Cylinder 3 only registering a few knocks.

With knock retard off cylinder 2 knocks crazy. With retard on Cylinder 3 knocks the most. Also tried pulling timing by -2 degrees on affected cells but still no joy. Knock sensor problem or software bug? I am really at a loss here.
Attachments
knocking.fpdl
(1.96 MiB) Downloaded 413 times
retune 2.fpcal
(11.35 KiB) Downloaded 415 times
chneo1982

Post by chneo1982 »

I encountered the same issue.

I desensitize the knock sensitivity map so that knocks wont be registered, and it works.

I could not hear any knocking from the engine, so my guess is those knocks are false knocks caused by the high sensitivity in the knock sensitivity low map.
skier

Post by skier »

use this.

Should solve most problems associated with the tune.

I look through your tune. Your tuner only does the fuel and ign maps.

Please do not disable knock control. I notice your knocks control is disabled.
I enable it back.
Attachments
retune 2.fpcal
(11.58 KiB) Downloaded 479 times
Shalashaska

Post by Shalashaska »

skier wrote:use this.

Should solve most problems associated with the tune.

I look through your tune. Your tuner only does the fuel and ign maps.

Please do not disable knock control. I notice your knocks control is disabled.
I enable it back.

Thanks Bro Skier for your tune. Turns out to be a faulty knock sensor that is sending all the wrong knock signals to the ECU. But I have incorporated some of your tune with the WOT Lambda adjustment. Car makes more power now on the high end now. =)