Car Won't Start

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
Excelerate

Car Won't Start

Post by Excelerate »

I had a customer call me with the same issue a few weeks ago. I somehow have the same problem and I'm hoping someone might know the answer.

I pulled in my car and just wanted to resend Hondata my rebate info. So I opened up Flashpro and updated to the new version. I've only used the Flashpro Manager once so I thought in order to resend the info I had to unlock and relock the Flashpro to the ECU to get that box to pop up. So I started flashing it back to stock. I finished that and then realized I could open up the Flashpro box. Whatever happened in between me uploading and downloading maps I'm not sure. After I resent my info to Hondata I went to put the CT Stage 2 map back in and somehow the ECU was no longer communicating with Flashpro. Everything else is fine but it's says in the bottom corner ECU X (which means ECU unavailable). I cannot figure out for the life of me how the ECU has become unavailable.

I've checked all my fuses and put a trickle charger on the battery to make sure it wasn't a voltage ECU. I've disconnected the battery terminal and tried to repeat the process. Still the same issue. I've tried downloading the beta version and turning off the antivirus just in case it was causing an issue. Still the same issue. Anyone know what might be the cause for my ECU no longer wanting to communicate with Flashpro? I've also tried using my Auto Enginuity program to connect to the ECU and no luck. I'm not sure if the ECU has locked itself and if so how do I unlock it?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Use the 'Send information to Hondata support' function. You don't need to be in the car for this, just have to have the FlashPro plugged in.

Can you elaborate what happened between uploading the return to stock calibration and uploading the CT stg 2 calibration?

You clicked on upload for the return to stock calibration and then what? How far into the upload did you go before it was cancelled? How did you then open the CT calibration - did you open using 'New Calibration' or download from the FlashPro? How long after the return to stock calibration started was it before you had loaded the CT calibration and uploaded again?
Hondata
Excelerate

Post by Excelerate »

Hondata wrote:Use the 'Send information to Hondata support' function. You don't need to be in the car for this, just have to have the FlashPro plugged in.

Can you elaborate what happened between uploading the return to stock calibration and uploading the CT stg 2 calibration?

You clicked on upload for the return to stock calibration and then what? How far into the upload did you go before it was cancelled? How did you then open the CT calibration - did you open using 'New Calibration' or download from the FlashPro? How long after the return to stock calibration started was it before you had loaded the CT calibration and uploaded again?
I will Send the info tomorrow when I get back to the shop.

I'm trying to recall the process in order of occurence. Basically I updated the software, then I hit upload and realized I didn't have anything to upload so I canceled the upload. Then I did the return to stock thinking I needed to do so to unlock the ECU and FP so I could re-lock it and send the rebate info. When I realized I didn't need to do this I started trying to load the other map back onto the ECU. It was a matter of minutes between the few processes. I started with a New Calibration; I've also tried using an existing calibration (basically your Stage 2 CT file).

I haven't gone through the Honda specified diagnosis procedure but it seems like the ECU has somehow locked me out. I can't connect my Auto Enginuity connector either to read info. The OBDII connector and FP are working fine, at least according to the FPM. It's just the ECU that isn't being communicated with. When I try to upload the map it tells me to put the Ignition to ON but it already is and the ECU has an "X" next to it. When I scroll over it it says ECU Unavailable.