Closed Loop on WOT all the time?

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
Z1 Performance

Closed Loop on WOT all the time?

Post by Z1 Performance »

So, I tuned out the few counts of knock and the car seems to run well...

BUT - I just noticed something. I'm ALWAYS in closed loop on WOT in my tuners MAP and I can't figure out why... AFR under WOT and cruise are fine. What's going on?

When I flash to a pre-loaded Hondata map, I'm in open loop under WOT (see pic, ignore knock, it was from an older log from a few days back). Both O2 sensors are enabled...I'm confused...

Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

No, it's in open loop, it is just the fuel system status display is lagging. The easiest way to tell is when the short term fuel trim goes to 0%
Hondata
Z1 Performance

Post by Z1 Performance »

Hondata wrote:No, it's in open loop, it is just the fuel system status display is lagging. The easiest way to tell is when the short term fuel trim goes to 0%
I thought with a MAP tune the fuel trims are always 0%...this custom tune by a local dyno tuner (Hondata authorized) is based off of the K&N SRI MAP tune.

What is particularly strange is when I flash back to the original Hondata K&N SRI MAP, it goes into open loop on the status all the time. When I'm on the custom tune, I always see closed loop only through all WOT.

Gas mileage is also quite lower than when on the stock ECU - consistently 25-26 mpg versus 28-29 (about 250 miles per tank as opposed to 280).
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

With a race calibration the long term fuel trim is always 0%. The short term fuel trim should function as normal.

The K&N map will be AFM based. If you see a significant different in fuelk economy between calibrations, then start to look at your part throttle fuel trims.
Hondata
Z1 Performance

Post by Z1 Performance »

AFM based? I'm definitely using a race calibration, based off of the MAP base for the K&N SRI.

Isn't the AFM only used for the IAT inside for MAP based race calibrations?
Z1 Performance

Post by Z1 Performance »

Hondata wrote:No, it's in open loop, it is just the fuel system status display is lagging. The easiest way to tell is when the short term fuel trim goes to 0%
S-trim not going to 0% on WOT...so it's not going into open loop, correct?

Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Do not use screen shots as they do not tell us anything. You have to post datalogs and calibratiosn.
Z1 Performance

Post by Z1 Performance »

Spunkster wrote:Do not use screen shots as they do not tell us anything. You have to post datalogs and calibratiosn.
I was trying to illustrate that the short term trim was NOT 0% under WOT to confirm that the car was NOT going into opn loop.

Regardless, here is the calibration...it won't let me attach the log, even though it's less than 10MB. Looks to me like the tuner really advanced the timing on the low cam, even far more than Hondata's base calibrations.
Attachments
08-04-09.fpcal
(73.45 KiB) Downloaded 230 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

try zipping up your datalog
Z1 Performance

Post by Z1 Performance »

Will not upload via ZIP: "You are not allowed to post Files with the Extension zip within this Forum"

I emailed them to support@hondata.com
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

http://www.hondata.com/help/flashpro/fu ... l%2Bstatus

If you look at your fuel status in the datalogs you can see it is going in to open loop.
Z1 Performance

Post by Z1 Performance »

Spunkster wrote:http://www.hondata.com/help/flashpro/fu ... l%2Bstatus

If you look at your fuel status in the datalogs you can see it is going in to open loop.
It always says closed loop at WOT - perhaps I sent the wrong datalog (one from a base calibration where I DID see open loop at WOT). I'll check later - sorry for the confusion.
Z1 Performance

Post by Z1 Performance »

Spunkster wrote:http://www.hondata.com/help/flashpro/fu ... l%2Bstatus

Um - no it isn't. Check log 80524 - at WOT it is still in closed loop, fuel status 2 so I'm not quite sure what you mean.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Make sure you are using version 1.1.0.8 and upload your calibration to the ECU using that version. THen get new datalogs and repost the newly saved calibration and datalogs.
Z1 Performance

Post by Z1 Performance »

Spunkster wrote:Make sure you are using version 1.1.0.8 and upload your calibration to the ECU using that version. THen get new datalogs and repost the newly saved calibration and datalogs.
I was using 1.1.0.7 - datalogs and MAPS both created on this version. Why would the new beta matter?