AC turns off on return to stock flash

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
bignewegg

AC turns off on return to stock flash

Post by bignewegg »

Hi i am using the FG2/FA5, MAP based, Injen CAI, race header, highflow cat, stock catback, base flash and the ac is working well. But I only use that on race days because the fuel mileage drops to below 20 cruising at 55 in 6th gear. Anyways, I reverted to the return to stock flash and the ac has stopped working.

I have disconnected the battery for 10 minutes to let it reset then connected it and the ac is still not working. I go to flash back to the MAP calibration and it works instantly. i flash back and the ac doesnt work. using flash pro 1.1.0.6
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

First you should address the fuel economy problem. There is no reason why your fuel economay should drop using a MAP based calibration - start looking at what your closed loop operation is like at cruise to see why you are using more fuel. The reason behind this is that every time you swap back and forward between calibrations, the ECU gets reset. It must then re-learn many things, like idle control and sensor patterns. This takes several full driving cycles. I believe that this is the indirect cause of the AC and fuel problems - the ECU gets reset when the dash has not been reset, and it will take some driving cycles to return to normal.
Hondata
bignewegg

Post by bignewegg »

Wow I completely overlooked a major aspect of the tuning. I modified the ignition slightly but that was before I added stage 2 cams to the car. I recently looked at a datalog and wow, 13° ignition retard while cruising. I had left the ignition largely stock or what was in the base calibration for a injen cai with header. those values were in the 30° timing. I'm thinking i need to retard the timing just a tad. :)
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Knock retard is not related to knock - strange, but that is how the Honda ECU works. To remove the knock retard reduce the knock sensitivity.

I think that the AC problem is because the ECU is looking at either an error condition or AC value (like pressure), and refusing to switch the AC clutch on. The race calibration may have a higher tollerence than the AFM calibration, which would explain the difference you're seeing. In this case, put the back to stock calibration in, take the car to a Honda dealer, and get them to diagnose the AC problem.
Hondata
bignewegg

Post by bignewegg »

thank you hondata for your help and quick responses. ill get it looked at and see what could possibly be wrong.
aka_si

Post by aka_si »

Mine just went out too, same calibration with street tune though.
The reason why I switch back is because I'm taking the car in today to fix the loose shifter.
aka_si

Post by aka_si »

bignewegg, just curious, what did honda say about the AC?
I dont think I'm gonna even tell them about mine AC problem as I always have the MAP cal. in my car anyways.
aka_si

Post by aka_si »

just to note, I think there's more going on then just the AC, it seems like the vtec is gone. I only drove it for a bit, maybe 10 mins after reflashing back to stock but honestly, the vtec is gone, unless the new reflashing to stock has a very smooth cross over now. but again, it doesn't bother me as my car is always loaded with the race map.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Datalog using the return to stock calibration and capture what you are reporting and upload it here.
all-black

Post by all-black »

when my ac is turned it cycles the ac like normal but it makes my stereo turn on and off also. this cant be right
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

This sounds like an electrical problem and not a problem with the FlashPro. Perhaps you have a bad cell in your battery.
all-black

Post by all-black »

it doesnt do this when the flash pro is uninstalled. you guys have been getting some complaints about ac problems it might need some looking into