Part throttle knock %

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
Z1 Performance

Post by Z1 Performance »

In reviewing some new logs, I can see a pattern...

Looks like knock counts occuring in the 2000-3500 range (that is the lowest/highest rpm with added knock) at CAM angles 0 and 15 for MAP pressure -.9 to around -4.0

From what I now understand of the table columns, these MAP values are more accurately in cruising and high load on the low cam. I was never getting constant knock during driving, just picking up a few counts here and there in this range.

I removed 2 degrees from this entire range, and re-logged this morning. Will check them tonight on my PC (no laptop stinks).
Z1 Performance

Post by Z1 Performance »

Success! After a 25 minute log with lots of varied driving, knock on the low cam is nearly eliminated from the previous changes.

I removed another degree of timing from 2750-3500rpm between -.9 and -3.5 on the 30 degree CAM angle as this was the only area I still saw a count or two of knock.
all-black

Post by all-black »

Z1 Performance
would you mind helping me out taking a look at a few of my data logs and tune to see where i need to make some adjustments.
Z1 Performance

Post by Z1 Performance »

all-black wrote:Z1 Performance
would you mind helping me out taking a look at a few of my data logs and tune to see where i need to make some adjustments.
I'm admittedly a newb with this, but after some reading in Hondata's FlashPro help and some very useful information on the Kpro (from club RSX) I think I've got a pretty good understanding of the FlashPro. With a little info, it's VERY easy to use.

So, I wouldn't rely on my knowledge solely, but post a new thread with your calibration and a log and I, along with other more experienced users, can check it out.

A nice long datalog is better to view than several short clips. This helped me a lot as it was easier to make sense of as opposed to piecing together several shorter logs. So, try to take a log in varied driving (around town, highway cruise, and some full-throttle spurts in 3rd gear from about 2000 to redline).