Post by ImAuthenticFTW »

chris2000 wrote:
Hondata wrote:
dcloo wrote:some question
does the software work under win xp
the flash pro work on auto transmission
can it be tune more then 1 ecu/car
Yes. No. Only 1 ECU at a time.
1. So does that mean 1 unit Hondata flashpro can only work with one ecu or car only? Which mean i can't buy one set flashpro and used it together with a few of my buddies civics?

2. Does it have control over DBW?

3. Any option of immobilizer control?

4. 90 sec programming - does that mean it can't do real time tuning?

5. If the ECU had been reflashed by another maker, can Flashpro still work?

Thanks.
ill try to help where i can
1) it will only work with one ECU, what is the point if it cant, the would only sell one and that person could tune everyone.......so yes only one car/ecu at a time

2) cant answer

3)cant answer

4) real time probaby not, but you can load a map, datalog, and make changes as you feel is needed and then repeat, still not that bad.

5) who else could flash the ECU AFAIK Hondata is the only company flashing these ECU's at this point
chris2000

Post by chris2000 »

ImAuthenticFTW wrote:
chris2000 wrote:
Hondata wrote: Yes. No. Only 1 ECU at a time.
1. So does that mean 1 unit Hondata flashpro can only work with one ecu or car only? Which mean i can't buy one set flashpro and used it together with a few of my buddies civics?

Thanks.
1) it will only work with one ECU, what is the point if it cant, the would only sell one and that person could tune everyone.......so yes only one car/ecu at a time

2) cant answer

3)cant answer

4) real time probaby not, but you can load a map, datalog, and make changes as you feel is needed and then repeat, still not that bad.

5) who else could flash the ECU AFAIK Hondata is the only company flashing these ECU's at this point
Thanks for helping..

For your info, Hondata is not the only company for reflash.

Many Japanese tuners offers reflash option including Spoon, J's Racing, M&M, Honda Feels etc...

There are also other reflash option using some italian equipment+software.

Asking cause some of us over here are using either Hondata Reflash or Japanese reflash.

Forgot to say, this is for JDM CTR.
Karim

Post by Karim »

Hondata wrote:
Karim wrote:First thank you guys for the Flashpro

I have a couple of questions for you guys
I have an 08 Si and also purchased a K20z3 that is beeing fully built by Endyn and the corresponding ECU and gauge cluster. My question to you is as i make the swap can i use the current ECU or do i have to use the donner ECU and will i have problems with the immobilizer? I know it's a bit ahead of time to talk about this but i am curious none the less.
Don't understand. If you have a 08 Si and are using a K20Z3 engine, what has been swapped? Why does the ECU need to be changed?
I have an additional K20Z3 beeing built and i also have it's corresponding ECU and gauge cluster. When i swap engines will i need to swap ECU's as well?
ImAuthenticFTW

Post by ImAuthenticFTW »

chris2000 wrote:
ImAuthenticFTW wrote:
chris2000 wrote: 1. So does that mean 1 unit Hondata flashpro can only work with one ecu or car only? Which mean i can't buy one set flashpro and used it together with a few of my buddies civics?

Thanks.

2) cant answer

3)cant answer

Thanks for helping..

For your info, Hondata is not the only company for reflash.

Many Japanese tuners offers reflash option including Spoon, J's Racing, M&M, Honda Feels etc...

There are also other reflash option using some italian equipment+software.

Asking cause some of us over here are using either Hondata Reflash or Japanese reflash.

Forgot to say, this is for JDM CTR.
ah okay makes snese now, shoulda read your location before i posted, didnt realize you were talkin CTR
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

chris2000 wrote:1. So does that mean 1 unit Hondata flashpro can only work with one ecu or car only? Which mean i can't buy one set flashpro and used it together with a few of my buddies civics?
1. On ECU and vehicle at a time. You can unlock the FlashPro by returning the ECU to stock, and then transfer to another vehicle.
2. Yes, but we don't change anything to do with DBW. The first reason is that there is no need to - the DBW control works fairly well as it is. The second reason is for legal liability.
3. The immobilizer can not be disabled. We've implemented a number of features designed to protect the owner of the vehicle from theft, and one of these is not to allow the immobilizer to be disabled. This is going to be much less of an issue than previous products because the ECU does not need to be removed / swapped.
4. Correct. In any case, if you are tuning a vehicle, you need to wait longer than 90 seconds between dyno runs in order to maintain consistency between runs. If you think you could set the dyno up as constant rpm or load, and then tune each cell in each table, this type of tuning does not work because the engine temperature and therefore output changes fairly rapidly, prohibiting this type of tuning.
5. Probably - we could tell you based off the ECU part & serial numbers plus the calibration ID. When you unlock the FlashPro it will only be reflashed back to a stock calibration.
Hondata
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Karim wrote:
Hondata wrote:
Karim wrote:First thank you guys for the Flashpro

I have a couple of questions for you guys
I have an 08 Si and also purchased a K20z3 that is beeing fully built by Endyn and the corresponding ECU and gauge cluster. My question to you is as i make the swap can i use the current ECU or do i have to use the donner ECU and will i have problems with the immobilizer? I know it's a bit ahead of time to talk about this but i am curious none the less.
Don't understand. If you have a 08 Si and are using a K20Z3 engine, what has been swapped? Why does the ECU need to be changed?
I have an additional K20Z3 beeing built and i also have it's corresponding ECU and gauge cluster. When i swap engines will i need to swap ECU's as well?
You would need to get the new ECU matched to your vehicle by the Honda dealer, and then everything should be ok.
I still don't understand, why swap the ECU and cluster over? What are the differences between your current ECU/cluster and the new ECU/cluster? It seems like that is just adding to the work.
Hondata
Karim

Post by Karim »

Hondata wrote:
Karim wrote:
Hondata wrote: Don't understand. If you have a 08 Si and are using a K20Z3 engine, what has been swapped? Why does the ECU need to be changed?
You would need to get the new ECU matched to your vehicle by the Honda dealer, and then everything should be ok.
I still don't understand, why swap the ECU and cluster over? What are the differences between your current ECU/cluster and the new ECU/cluster? It seems like that is just adding to the work.
Thank you for your prompt and quick reply.

I may in the future swap my built engine in a civic shell to use as a track car, i just wanted to know all possible options.
tnfg1

Post by tnfg1 »

With this, couldn't you just copy a hondata kseries reflash from one ecu to another?
I'm curious because what keeps someone from just buying this and distributing the reflash. Is there some protection against this?
I would hope so heh...

And will something like this be availabe for the base model 2006+ civic's with the R series engines?
Turbo'ing my car would be tons easier with something like this over eManage :D
ImAuthenticFTW

Post by ImAuthenticFTW »

tnfg1 wrote:With this, couldn't you just copy a hondata kseries reflash from one ecu to another?
I'm curious because what keeps someone from just buying this and distributing the reflash. Is there some protection against this?
I would hope so heh...

And will something like this be availabe for the base model 2006+ civic's with the R series engines?
Turbo'ing my car would be tons easier with something like this over eManage :D
The PROflash unit will be locked to one ECU/Car at a time, in order to flash another car you will be required to uninstall the tune and revert back to stock
tnfg1

Post by tnfg1 »

ImAuthenticFTW wrote:
The PROflash unit will be locked to one ECU/Car at a time, in order to flash another car you will be required to uninstall the tune and revert back to stock[/quote]

i see, so ecu "A" gets tuned
in order to tune ecu "B" the tune on ecu "A" must be reset/uninstalled
then tuning ecu "B" locks flashpro to ecu "B"

well thats good then heh, hate to see it get taken advantage of.
plus that allows for resale i guess
EGHATCH

Post by EGHATCH »

will this work with civic FD's r18 engine? drive by wire..
you wont learn until you actually do it.
gasss_85

Post by gasss_85 »

Hello,
In order to use the FlashPro, It is needed to leave it connected all along or it would be possible to be kept in house?
Thanks.
Good work ;)
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

R18: Nothing at the moment.

The FlashPro does not need to be connected all the time - only when reflashing the ECU.
Hondata
gasss_85

Post by gasss_85 »

Hondata wrote:R18: Nothing at the moment.

The FlashPro does not need to be connected all the time - only when reflashing the ECU.
Thank you for your quick answer :wink:
Not to take always connected the FlashPro is an advantage because thefts are avoided.
xproductionz

Post by xproductionz »

will there be a set standard equipment for us guys that have shops that tune with dynos? i ask cause i would love to tune with this and in case i ever need to retune a customers car i could easily jus pull out our shop flash equipment and do it for them on the spot. this is assuming they dont carry there flashpro with them.

I have tons of customers who always needs a retune or reupload on there kpro but never have there usb wire or laptop to do it. and im located at the speedway so people have a tendency to not bring there stuff wit them