Noob trying to decide which basemap would be best for me

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
the___kernel

Noob trying to decide which basemap would be best for me

Post by the___kernel »

Hi, I'm new to the whole tuning thing and what i want is a OEM plus tune for my 07 civic si. What i was wondering was if I could use the fg2/fa5 completely stock, tuned base map that shows in flashpro manager on my car. My car is completely bone stock.
Thank you
EFICU

Re: Noob trying to decide which basemap would be best for me

Post by EFICU »

Welcome to the Hondata platform. Yes you can try that basemap if you want and see how it drive. I would probably recommend making a couple small adjustments to make it run a little smoother. But you can give it a shot and see what you think. Depending on the octane fuel you run, you will most likely need some ignition adjustments for knock. The MAF sensor will also need to be scaled according to the needs of the engine as well to get the AFR dialed in. If you end up wanting some help with it let me know and I would be happy to help you with it.

Once you upload the calibration, make a datalog in the 20-30 minute range with stop and go type driving. On the drive, make one wide open throttle (WOT) pull from 2500-8000 in third gear so you can see what the WOT fueling looks like. Once you get that datalog made, post it here so we can see it if you want.

Let me know if you have any questions.
the___kernel

Post by the___kernel »

Okay thank you for the reply I just wanted to know if that was the correct base map to choose for the car, as I don't have a flashpro yet but i plan on getting one by the end of the month.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Nice. Yeah that would be a place to start then with that tune. If you end up getting a CARB Flashpro you won't be able to to use that tune. Just keep that in mind, you would need the "race" version to use that tune. Otherwise, with the CARB version you can only use the CARB tune with it. Keep us in the loop if you want some help with anything.