Cold air intake tune

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
Cieldhanda

Cold air intake tune

Post by Cieldhanda »

Hi so I recently purchased a 2010 civic si that came with Hondata and a vibrant cold air intake. As I was looking through the possible base maps that hondata offers I couldn’t find one that matched the brand of the cold air intake. I was wondering if I would be able to just flash the tune with the other branded intake and use the vibrant one rather than purchasing a new cold air intake.

Please get back to me thanks again.
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Cold air intake tune

Post by Hondata »

If the intake does not alter the AFM reading then they don't need any tuning. The best way to tell is to make a 20 minute datalog and post it here so we can look at the fuel trims.
Hondata
xgodsx45

Post by xgodsx45 »

So I bought my Honda and it had a tune when I bought it then I got a tranny swap. I heard that the tunes goes away after that and when I got my car back it started making a missing noise and i have a AEM cold air intake. Is it because I don’t have the tune anymore? And if so is there is a bass map tune for my AEM intake.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Changing a transmission will not have any effect on how the ECU has been programmed, unless someone has reprogrammed the ECU.

Without more information it is impossible to say what could be the cause of the problem.
xgodsx45

Post by xgodsx45 »

Maybe because the last owner had the Hondata on this car but sold it to me and put it on his other car. And I’ve been doing some research about my problem. My problem with my 2007 Honda Civic si 2007 is That when I accelerate there is a hissing noise the more I accelerate the louder it gets. It’s not a vacume hose. I have a rough idle. Everytime I switch gears and go to neutral my rms do down then back to normal. I ran codes on my car and it said system to rich bank 1 and my research came too it was because my after market intake.
xgodsx45

Post by xgodsx45 »

My rpm go down
Alorefice96

Post by Alorefice96 »

Have a 2013 civic so sedan with just a aem cai in it.I just bought it off him and I guess he the ecu back to stock now I’m getting an engine light and a choppy rough idle with a bank 1 rich ruel code.I have the hondata tune.just wondering what’s the best basemap tune you guys would use for it?