08 Civic Si FlashPro CARB info

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
MM082001

08 Civic Si FlashPro CARB info

Post by MM082001 »

Just bought this and installed it today. So far I have just put in the CARB tune, but what else can I adjust with this???? I can't find info anywhere, it's just mixed in with the standard FlashPro.
08 civic si proline springs koni orange Hondata hybrid racing CAI with larger throttle body and peeling and faded Blue paint
devan

Re: 08 Civic Si FlashPro CARB info

Post by devan »

Unfortunately (and by design) you can't adjust much with the CARB tune. This is so that the tune is CARB compliant; AKA conforms to California's strict emission requirements.

That said, I have the CARB tune open in FlashPro Manager right now so I can tell you.
You can:
  • Adjust the VTEC window.
  • Program a Wideband Gauge (if you installed one)
  • Make your Check Engine Light flash when a knock occurs
  • Adjust the RPM redline
  • Set up launch control
  • Enable full throttle shifting (There's a write up on this in the help file. There's also YouTube videos that demonstrate this function in action)
  • Calibrate the speedometer (useful If you're running a crazy wheel/tire setup)
  • Make small adjustments to how the car responds in 1st gear (and by small adjustment I mean it's a tickbox lol)
  • Adjust your "throttle pedal vs throttle plate" table
  • Enable/disable VSA
  • Adjust when the radiator fan comes on
  • Setup and adjust traction control
If you need help or clarification on these parameters let me know.
8th Gen Civic Enthusiast and K Series Connoisseur
MM082001

Post by MM082001 »

Thanks. Is there enough adjustments to make it worth getting dyno tuned or is that just a waste of money?
08 civic si proline springs koni orange Hondata hybrid racing CAI with larger throttle body and peeling and faded Blue paint
MM082001

Post by MM082001 »

Also, what happens when I put on a CARB legal air intake? Does that throw everything off with the CARB tune?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

For the intake to be carb certified it cannot affect emissions. Likewise a carb calibration cannot either. So in theory the intake needs no tuning.
Hondata
devan

Post by devan »

MM082001 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:56 pm Thanks. Is there enough adjustments to make it worth getting dyno tuned or is that just a waste of money?
It would be a waste. You cannot adjust fuel and ignition timings with the CARB version. Be weary of shops that tell you otherwise.
Someone can easily scam you by saying they can tune the car when they actually can't due to all the missing parameters in the CARB tune.
MM082001

Post by MM082001 »

Just ordered the injen short ram intake and the slave cylinder upgrade. This intake has a CARB #. Has anyone found a CARB header??
devan

Post by devan »

Congrats on the intake purchase!
I personally wouldn't upgrade the header if you intend on using the CARB FlashPro/Tune.
You won't see much of a difference without adjusting the tune. In my opinion, it's money down the drain.

Some people who want a stock-like, but aftermarket setup get the Megan Racing Shorty Header with a Berk Racing High-Flow Cat.
Bear in mind, I don't know what this does the tune but you open up a can of worms for potential issues.

tl;dr i don't think there are many CARB header options but personally I wouldn't upgrade the header on a non-race setup.
MM082001

Post by MM082001 »

Thanks Devan, I don't think I want to change it anyways. Looking forward to the intake and the clutch slave cylinder upgrade (less grinding gears). The hondata helps, but not fully.
Where is a good place to put the VTEC at? Is it best where the programmer puts it or should I change it? Any other changes that would make it better. Loving it so far.
MM082001

Post by MM082001 »

I Just got a new belt and tensioner, Injen short ram, and clutch slave cylinder kit installed. The combo of the clutch kit and the Hondata is awesome. The shifts are smooth and almost fall into gear at any RPM.

Which way do you guys set the fuel cut? Is it better to set to the table or cut to 0?

On the VTEC settings, what is a good starting point to set VTEC crossover RPMs? Right now I am set at 4300 and 4800.

Are there any other settings I should adjust? I think I have messed with everything on the CARB pro.

The only engine related modds are stage 1 clutch and injen short ram. How does my first datalog look?
datalog0001.fpdl
first datalog all new 9/7
(1.97 MiB) Downloaded 142 times
MM082001

Post by MM082001 »

nothing. nobody