Hit 134 mph and acceleration stops

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
mattsbobo

Hit 134 mph and acceleration stops

Post by mattsbobo »

I looked through the forum yesterday, and tried to find a similar issue. I thought maybe one of those tb amp/volt threads may be similar, but my issue only happens in 6th gear. I've got a 2008 Si with: 3" Go Power intake, Skunk 2 tb/im, Hondata heat gasket, RDX 410cc injectors, IPS K2 billet core cams, Supertech valve springs/titanium retainers, Go Power rh w/3" collector mated to a 3" Full Race exhaust. The car has been tuned locally.

When doing a high speed run at the track, whenever I hit 134 mph (exactly) it's as if no fuel is going in,the car stops accelerating,then picks up again from a lower speed. I'm a Flashpro/mechanical idiot, and apologize for reaching out like this. It was my understanding that Flashpro negated the speed governor. I've asked numerous techs that I work with they think it may be, and they've all said the stock fuel system should be able to handle the meager 223hp I'm putting down.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Datalog of issue
datalog134mph fuel cut.fpdl
(374.88 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Hit 134 mph and acceleration stops

Post by Hondata »

Calibration -> Rev Limits -> Speed cut -> Speed limiter speed
Hondata
mattsbobo

Post by mattsbobo »

Hondata wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:57 am Calibration -> Rev Limits -> Speed cut -> Speed limiter speed
Thanks for the reply, and I apologize for my idiocy. When it's happened, I wasn't even redlining, and was in 6th gear with plenty of rpm's to go. Are you saying there's still a governor of sorts capping my top speed?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »