06 SI /W CL7 Euro R K20a swap

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
Lemmingz

06 SI /W CL7 Euro R K20a swap

Post by Lemmingz »

Hello!

I have a stock 06 SI with a Cl7 Euro R K20a swap. I have a flashpro and wondering if the Stock/Tuned basemap for the 06 SI or the FD2 Hondata Type R calibration will be a better fit. I've searched around and haven't been able to see anything on this one. Thank you for your time!

-Paul
EFICU

Re: 06 SI /W CL7 Euro R K20a swap

Post by EFICU »

Hi Paul,

Might have to wait for the Hondata boys to chime in here. I'm pretty sure you will have to run the Si calibration because the FD2 file won't be compatible with your ECU. Whatever file you end up running will need extensive adjustments to get it running optimal I'm sure. I don't have much experience with Euro R stuff, but assuming the engine has the 50* VTC wheel on it right?

Anyways, see what the Hondata boys say and go from there. I might be able to help you out depending on what they.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

I would recommend starting form the SI calibration and then tune on the dyno from there. This will most likely give you the best results and tunability.
Lemmingz

Post by Lemmingz »

Thank you both for the responses. I'm guessing from your response it's best to go with a custom tune. Thank you!
Lemmingz

Post by Lemmingz »

EFICU,

It does have a 50* VTC wheel on it yes. I just got back from an hour drive(which I didn't data log) and the Hondata app said 277 Knocks... assuming this is pretty bad?
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah that is very bad. Not the end of the world perhaps, but something needs to be looked at ASAP. You didn't datalog it though? Does the car seem to drive okay all things considered?

What octane fuel are you running? What calibration are you driving on? What mods have you done, intake and exhaust or anything?
Lemmingz

Post by Lemmingz »

Yea, seems to run smooth and doesn't sound like anything is wrong from the cabin. That said I haven't driven a Honda in over a decade so there could be something I'm missing. It feels pretty dead down low but I drive a built EvoX normally so I just assumed it was the difference in Tq.

I didn't data log no, I have a short data log from a quick drive the other night. I can data log tomorrow.

91(have fuel injector cleaner mixed but it's been almost a full tank since I put it in now.)
Driving on the K20z3 Stock - Tuned Map
No mods at all to the engine, it has an HFP exhaust from the factory but i'm pretty sure that 's stock sizing.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yikes, haha, yeah if you're driving a built EvoX it probably feels terrible. You put in the 06 stock tuned map in there right?

Do you have the datalog from the other night? I'm guessing it shows some knock on that datalog as well.

I can build you a basemap to get start on tonight. I don't have any 06 files, oddly enough, so I would have to go in an build one for you basically. I can have it over to you tonight so you can drive on it tomorrow and make a datalog.
Lemmingz

Post by Lemmingz »

Haha yea, it's pretty different than the Evo. But it gets 11mpg on corn and I drive alot more for work now so I went back to my roots and bought this 06 with a blown motor on the cheap and swapped it out.

Let me try and export real quick.
Lemmingz

Post by Lemmingz »

Datalog 1 Short Drive.fpdl
(1.1 MiB) Downloaded 125 times
Let me know if this works. Thank you again for the help on this!
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Interesting, the tune actually looked pretty good honestly. I may not have needed to make a file for you. I went ahead and did anyways. All of the knock was pretty much in one area. So depending on what happened with the excessive knocks drive you did, maybe it went through that area a ton. The area I saw had about 5* more than I run in that area for 91, so it makes sense.

Debating on how to handle this for you. Let's try my file and see how it looks. I'm thinking a lot of the changes I make in the background might make it drive better. Do you have your laptop open while you drive and monitor this stuff? If so, keep an eye on it as you're driving. Maybe make a datalog in the 10-15 minute range, and throw in one WOT pull in third gear from 2000-redline so we can see the WOT fueling. That way I can make any big changes to the file before you go on a long drive or get too spirited with the driving.

Do you know what the redline is supposed to be on the engine you have? I don't know all the euro stuff too well yet. Looks like maybe 8400? So I set the limiter at 8000 just for now.

Here is the first file. If you ant to run out now and make a datalog I can make some quick revisions for you. Up to you. Normal datalogs will be 20-30 minutes, but if you want to make a quick one like you did but 10-15 minutes that works for this one.

Let me know.
Lemmingz.SD.Rev01.1.fpcal
(21.94 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
Lemmingz

Post by Lemmingz »

Thank you for reviewing the file and drawing something up real quick. I don't bring the laptop with me typically I have just been using the BT app on my phone connected to the flashpro. Below is the data I was able to pull for this engine.

I will download the tune and give it a quick drive real quick.

2002–2008 Honda Accord Euro R (JDM) 11.5:1 217 hp (162 kW) @ 8000 RPM 152 lb⋅ft (206 N⋅m) @ 6000 RPM 8400 RPM 6000 RPM RBC
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Sounds good, I set the limiter for 8000 on this one to be safe. The info you found is the same I found, so that's good.

Yeah take it for a quick trip, nothing too crazy, plus the WOT pull in third gear from 2000-8000 so we can see the WOT fueling.

We'll see how it looks.
Lemmingz

Post by Lemmingz »

hah, For some reason I thought it was going to be 8400(should have reviewed prior) I did two pulls and banged off the limiter, didn't have any knocks so I did a third clean pull near the end of the log. I saw 1 kcount on the last pull. Really appreciate your time by the way, you have been awesome. '
3rd Gear WOT 3 pulls.fpdl
(3.09 MiB) Downloaded 128 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah overall it looked great actually, I was surprised how close it is. It's a proven basefile for 8th gens, but with your engine I wasn't too sure how close it would be. That knock you had was one area I focused on in your first datalog, it's sensitive there for some reason so we'll keep an eye on it. But I made some part throttle and WOT fueling changes in this next one. And removed some ignition where the knock happened.

Here is the next revision for you. I put the limiter up to 8400 for you, confirm that is where you want it for me as well. Also, I am going to keep an eye on the o2 sensor reading. It is pretty dead flat up top commanding another 8% fuel. While I would like to think I'm that good, super flat AFR curved, I'm not sure that is entirely correct. We may have a primary o2 sensor issue, but we'll see how it looks in this next one. If we make pulls again and it commanded exactly 8% again we have an issue. But nothing to worry about it until we confirm it's an issue, it could be just that flat. Not sure where you're located, but I have some time if you want to run out again real quick. Totally up to you.
Lemmingz.SD.Rev02.fpcal
(22.03 KiB) Downloaded 132 times