2008 si sedan hyrbid intake

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
ehmit

2008 si sedan hyrbid intake

Post by ehmit »

I have a fa5 08 with only a hybrid racing intake CAI and I cant find the tune with hybrid and ive tried all the tunes with cai and no luck cars not running right please help
EFICU

Re: 2008 si sedan hyrbid intake

Post by EFICU »

I can help you out with it. I've tuned plenty of 8ths with Hybrid intakes. Are you wanting to do a complete custom tune on the car or just a basemap with a couple revisions to get it running good? Complete tunes take about 12 revisions to get it dialed in for you, basemap with a couple revisions you're probably looking at 4 or 5 to get it right.

Let me know.
ehmit

Post by ehmit »

Yeah I just want something get get it running right just a basemap for now
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

ehmit wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:23 am Yeah I just want something get get it running right just a basemap for now
There is no basemap that will make it run optimally without revisions. I don't mind helping you, but it will take at least a couple revisions to get it close enough to call it good. Some cars are sensitive to fueling changes and to knock. Take the time to make a couple revisions and you can enjoy the car without worries.

I can get you on a file to start today that was tuned with an HR intake, after one or two revisions you'll be good to go and it will run great.
ehmit

Post by ehmit »

That would be very helpful if you can I’m still trying to learn how to mess with this
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

No problem, happy to help. I know how frustrating it is.

Here is the first revision for you. Take this one for a 20-30 minute datalog with as much stop and go type signal light to signal light driving as possible. Steady speed doesn't help us much, we want that stop and go driving data. On your drive, make one wide open throttle (WOT) pull in third gear from 2500-8600rpms. We want the stop and go driving data for part throttle fueling, and the WOT pull for the WOT fueling.

Also, please fill out the customer info in the "calibration" tab in this file and send it to me please so I have it.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Ehmit.SD.Rev01.fpcal
(22.25 KiB) Downloaded 208 times
JamesLaff

Post by JamesLaff »

Hey,

I am about to reflash my car for the first time as well and I too only have a SRI (but it's the typhoon).

I was hoping maybe I could get some similar help? I just read it would be wise to get the tune refined to ensure the engine continues to run healthy. All I'm looking for is a good, clean tune for now.

Thanks in Advance!
curlz559

Re: 2011 si sedan hyrbid intake

Post by curlz559 »

Just purchased a Hybrid Racing intake and was going to install it today, needing some help to get the right base map or custom tune to get the vehicle running well once I install the intake. Everything else on vehicle is stock so ill be running just hondata and hybrid racing. Thanks In advance for anyone that is willing to help
EFICU

Re: 2011 si sedan hyrbid intake

Post by EFICU »

curlz559 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:43 am Just purchased a Hybrid Racing intake and was going to install it today, needing some help to get the right base map or custom tune to get the vehicle running well once I install the intake. Everything else on vehicle is stock so ill be running just hondata and hybrid racing. Thanks In advance for anyone that is willing to help
I can help you with it if you'd like. Go ahead and start your own thread in this 8th gen forum, and let me know how long you plan to run just the intake, then we can go from there.
curlz559

Post by curlz559 »

Extremely sorry. Hadn't seen that you had replied. I just created a new thread under "2011 civic si hr cai" seeing you youre still willing to help out to get the right tunes in.