Gauge doesn't sweep when uploading calibration

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
07siiii

Gauge doesn't sweep when uploading calibration

Post by 07siiii »

Completely stock Civic Si 2007

I can upload a calibration to the flashpro from my desktop, but when I load it to the car, it doesn't do the gauge sweep. It is clearly loading the tune tho, as I can adjust the 2 step from the steering wheel, and the car clearly feels way different. (lower vtec, less rev hang, etc)

The calibration i'm using is the RACE MAP stock tuned one.

The flashpro program light goes solid red, blinks for a bit, then solid red again. Then my car dash lights go back to normal, and I can hear a relay click to the left of the steering wheel. No gauge sweep tho. Is this normal?

I also have an issue with changing the 2 step on my PC. If I set the launch rpm to 3500, and the recovery rpm to 3300, load that to the flashpro, then load it to my car, it still says 5000 when holding the cancel button with the clutch down.

I realize I can change the 2 step with the steering wheel buttons, but it's leading me to believe that it's not saving the changes to the flashpro, or not uploading it to the car properly. Makes me thing once I start correcting the fuel values, it might not actually change anything.
07siiii

Re: Gauge doesn't sweep when uploading calibration

Post by 07siiii »

I should mention that the gauge sweep does happen if I load the "stock equivalent" calibration
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

These features are not available when using the race calibrations as no new features are added to these as they are no longer supported. You can tune via MAP using the AFM based calibrations which are updated and supported.
07siiii

Post by 07siiii »

oh thanks a ton for the reply. Guess it's totally normal then.

Sorry for the noob questions, I'm all super new to actually owning a flashpro.. just been learning how to tune via MAP online for a few months before purchasing a flashpro.

I assume the "RRB-2-Tuned FG2/FA5, completely stock, tuned" is an AFM based calibration you're talking about? Thanks a ton!

Does tuning via MAP on this calibration actually use the MAP sensor, or is it just some type of conversion from the MAF sensor?

Thanks for the quick reply, you guys are awesome.

Edit: also... seems like the default A:F is 13.34 in the low end? isn't that a bit fat?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Under Calibration -> Fuel look for 'Use speed/density tables'. If that is checked it uses speed/density (MAP), otherwise mass flow (AFM). Note that in both cases the MAP and AFM are actually used by the ECU, but the fueling is only done using one method or the other.

SD uses the MAP sensor for the fuel and ignition table indexing. Again, note that mass flow uses the MAP for ignition timing lookup.

13.2:1 is about right for NA maximum power.
Hondata
07siiii

Post by 07siiii »

Thanks a ton!

Is there anything I should know before doing this? Do the current tables values just directly convert over when I check that box or do I start from scratch? Seems like the default values are pretty out of wack.. 11.1 at full vacuum on a N/A stock car? Seems pretty damn fat.

I tried the stock tuned MAF calibration and its actually super smooth, just rich. I learned how to tune with MAP so if I can just do that on a MAF calibration, that would be cool.

Is there any way to avoid the service light staying on with that calibration? As well at having it not change to a useless negative milage number for my service needed time, every time I start my car?

is 13.2:1 safe for a dead stock 9th gen SI at full throttle, and high RPM (6500 to 8500)

Thanks a ton!
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

When you check the MAP sensor for fueling you will need to clean up all the cam angle fueling individually. You will most likely have to make extensive changes to get it dialed in. For a stock car, they generally like to be tuned on the MAF in most cases. Since you feel comfortable tuning the MAP sensor, it can be done. If you want some help tuning the MAF sensor, we can help you do that as well.

11.1 is definitely too rich, as Hondata mentions, 12.8-13.2 AFR is generally where the fueling should fall in WOT for best performance and safety.

What calibration are you using where the service light is on? Non race calibrations won't interfere with service mileage and or gas gauge changes.

Are you working on an 8th gen or 9th gen? 13.2 would be fine for both 8th and 9th gens.

If you want some help with the tuning, post up some datalogs and a calibration as you go and we can help answer questions better for you.
07siiii

Post by 07siiii »

2007 Civic Si Dead stock. Minor exhaust leak, somewhere around the header.

So if I load the "Civic Si RRB 2 Tuned (completely stock, tuned)" calibration, the high speed fuel tables at WOT are set to 11.69 by default. 12.54 in the mid range, and 13.35 at low pressure (-26.4 to -14.8 ). The whole thing just seems way to fat.

I loaded that to the car and it does actually run that rich at WOT. It also makes my maintenance light turn on (right when loading the calibration), and sets the little LCD screen to show milage, in a negative number, since the last ECU flash. I assume that's a non-race calibration, because when selecting it under "new calibration", it shows up if I de-select "show race calibrations". The actual race calibration however, doesn't make the service light turn on, nor change the LCD mileage screen, nor mess with the gas gauge.

Right now im using the "Civic Si Race Tuned (MAP based, stock, tuned)" calibration, which I have added and removed fuel to (like 2% at a time) to clean up. It sits around 12.8 at WOT, but still needs more cleaning up. I'm just making small changes at a time, over and over.

Here is a datalog. (MAP based, stock, tuned) -very few changes made, just added and pulled fuel. I realize it still needs a bit more fuel at WOT around 4300 RPM, and 6000 RPM. I added fuel there, just haven't had the chance to log again. https://easyupload.io/3ymleb (log) https://easyupload.io/bfavf7 (calibration)

I'm also wondering if I have a VAC leak as I don't get that close to 0.0 at WOT. I do know I have an exhaust leak, it's just -20C here so im waiting until its warmer before I weld that up.