Secondary Calibration Won't Upload

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
web35

Secondary Calibration Won't Upload

Post by web35 »

When I attempt to upload the secondary calibration stored on the Flashpro, it appears to upload the primary calibration.

After following the steps involving the datalog button and the program button,the upload seems to proceed like any other upload. However when I then try to verify that the correct calibration uploaded by downloading the flashpro to my laptop, the primary calibration is the one that downloads.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Bob Weber
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Secondary Calibration Won't Upload

Post by Spunkster »

When you download from the online menu it will always download the primary calibration. This is normal.
web35

Post by web35 »

Is there any other way to verify that the secondary calibration did in fact upload?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

When you plug in the FlashPro it should say that the last upload was successful.
fusionbuzz

Post by fusionbuzz »

Spunkster wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:55 am When you plug in the FlashPro it should say that the last upload was successful.
Would it also show which calibration was successfully uploaded? The reason I ask is because of the following steps I took:

1. Open the +3 base map.
2. Open the FlashPro window and click on the Download button for the secondary calibration.
3. Click on Upload in FlashPro while ignition is off. FlashPro Manager shows that it's uploading to the FlashPro.
4. FlashPro shows the correct Calibration in the secondary slot.
5. Turn on ignition and click on Upload in FlashPro. FlashPro Manager shows that it's uploading to the FlashPro again.
6. Switch to the Calibration window and verify that it has the correct Calibration open.
7. Click on the Upload arrow on the menu. It now shows it's uploading to the ECU.

Now I'm not sure which Calibration was actually uploaded to the ECU. The Calibration showing in the secondary slot, or the Calibration showing in the first slot, or the Calibration showing in the Calibration window?

Any clarification you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Whatever calibration was opened last is the one you have uploaded. You can only have one calibration open at a time. Downloading will open the calibration you just downloaded and close the one you had open first.
fusionbuzz

Post by fusionbuzz »

I assume that's if the Upload is done using Online --> Upload?

But if I click on the Upload button for slot 1 in the FlashPro window then it would upload the Calibration from slot 1, even if the Calibration window is open in the background?

Thanks!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The upload buttons in the calibrations tab only upload the calibration for storage onto the FlashPro, but not to the ECU. Only pressing the upload button at the top of FlashPro manager will upload to the ECU.

Details on uploading the secondary calibration can be found in the help file: https://www.hondata.com/help/flashpro/u ... =secondary
fusionbuzz

Post by fusionbuzz »

Cool, thank you very much for the explanation!