Confused by VSA

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
DoctorUpal

Confused by VSA

Post by DoctorUpal »

I'm a bit confused by the 'VSA enabled' feature in FlashPro. Before Hondata/professional tune, I had always driven with VSA on. After getting my car back, I was looking at the various calibration settings that had been changed. 'VSA enabled' was not checked, so I enabled it and reflashed (that was the only change I made). After starting the car, the VSA and CEL lights were on (err code was idle position not learned) and car went into limp mode (no rev above 2k). Reflashed w/ 'VSA enable' unchecked and everything is fine.

Is the VSA actually disabled or is this some sort of trick Hondata uses to get the ECU to cooperate? I'd prefer to have it enabled and use the dash button to explicitly disable it. Is that possible w/ a Hondata flash instead of stock ECU? Thanks!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Confused by VSA

Post by Spunkster »

Have you discussed this with your tuner to see what they may have done? If everything is working properly in your vehicle then the VSA should work properly with it enabled in the ECU.
DoctorUpal

Post by DoctorUpal »

I have not. I wanted to make sure I understood how VSA functioned in conjunction with Hondata first. It sounds like disabling VSA isn't a normal/necessary part of the tuning process, correct?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Usually for tuning they just need to disable the switch on the dash to tune on a dyno.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

VSA should only be disabled for 2006 vehicles which do not have VSA.
Hondata