Using PLX Wideband as Primary O2 Sensor

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
TDM

Using PLX Wideband as Primary O2 Sensor

Post by TDM »

Getting ready to install the SM-AFR Wideband module and sensor. I will use pin B29 and ground the module at the same location as the ECU. I plan on just removing the factory primary sensor and placing the wideband in that bung on the header. I have a factory exhaust, so the secondary sensor will remain in use where it is. My question is - I assume that in the closed loop parameter window I need to uncheck the box for "Primary Oxygen sensor enabled". The factory sensor and primary harness will indeed "not be present" or providing a voltage so it would seem obvious to uncheck it, but I am still using a primary sensor (the PLX wideband) for closed loop control so its rather confusing. So unchecking the box makes the ECU ignore the inevitable code that would be thrown when it sees no signal coming from the factory primary harness? I guess it would be nice to know exactly what I'm telling the ECU when that box is unchecked.
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Using PLX Wideband as Primary O2 Sensor

Post by Hondata »

You cannot use the PLX for closed loop control on the 06 Si. You have to keep the stock o2 sensor if you want closed loop.
Hondata
TDM

Post by TDM »

Thanks. Looks like I'll be welding another bung on the headers I've got coming then. No problem. It all makes perfect sense now. Statements like "You cannot use aftermarket wideband sensors for closed loop control" are very black and white and helpful. I must have missed it somewhere in the help document.
TDM

Post by TDM »

I did get the wideband installed and it works great. I just wish I would have done it sooner because now I know why it was hopeless to tune WOT with the AFCorr signal.