Trouble making USB connection

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
StruckANerve426

Trouble making USB connection

Post by StruckANerve426 »

I am having some problems when connecting my Flashpro to my Laptop. The green power light comes on and the computer chimes that a device is connected but the red light on the Flashpro for the USB connection doesn't come on and I can't access the Flashpro in Flashpro Manager. I usually have to plug and unplug the flashpro a dozen or so times before it connects. Is this a common issue?
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Trouble making USB connection

Post by Hondata »

This is something that happens with some USB3 hubs. We have fixed it for the next release, due at the end of next week.
Hondata
typer86

Post by typer86 »

Same issue reported year 2015
https://www.hondata.com/forum/viewtopic ... =surface+4

Now it is fixed with the latest beta :) Thanks
typer86

Post by typer86 »

FYI:
Each firmware update the USB connection will be interrupted and not loaded correctly in Windows 10

The reconnection plugin and plugout comes up again...

.... After 300x times the flash pro start updateing the firmware after that it works fine until the next firmware update for the flash pro will be released...
Extrem annoying situation... Hope you can fix this in one of the new drivers which will be loaded correctly from Win10.
nivlac978

Post by nivlac978 »

So could this now, work with a surface pro tablet? I've had to keep a 10 year old laptop around for flashpro because it will not work on my modern pc. There is so little information on fixing these connection issues and I have not found anyone that has a workaround for them. I've read people saying try out a powered USB hub but no reported success or attempts for that matter.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The original problem was fixed 2 years ago.
Hondata
nivlac978

Post by nivlac978 »

I've just purchased a surface 6 and flaspro manager worked perfectly with it. It still, however, does not work with my main PC. I have 2 flashpros, 08' Civic SI and 08' S2000, and neither of them work with the PC. That's all fine for now as the surface works well with the flashpro. I was able to update the firmware as well with no issue. Trying to update the firmware through my PC would lock up the application 100% of the time. The surface is nice and small in the car however it kind of needs a flat surface to be in laptop mode.