IAT ignition comp not working

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
ajpturbopittsburgh

Post by ajpturbopittsburgh »

Just help me with this one thing then. Here is my calibration and a log. I didn't get any knock but the knock ignition limit high values are between 20 and 30 in boost. Hondata says they should be 0. I don't want to change it because the log looked good but that would be going against what hondata reccommends so I don't know what to do.

The way I understand is if the engine is not knocking the the main ignition tables will be raised by the value in the knock ignition limit tables which mine show between 20 or 30. So that tells me it would advance the timing by 20 degrees which is what scares me.

Or is it that becuase my main ignition table values are set appropriately that I shouldn't have to worry about knock reguardless of what my knock ignition limit values are?......For christ's sake

remember that the knock ignition limit values in this cal are the defualt ones that were there when I just opened the cal with the beta version.
Attachments
Track tune with race fuel downloaded and modifided at track.fpcal
race fuel tune
(19.22 KiB) Downloaded 243 times
3rd and 4th gear pull.fpdl
data log of 3rd and 4th gear starting at about 0:10
(94.88 KiB) Downloaded 263 times
soxfan143

Post by soxfan143 »

You need to lower your ignition limit tables boost column values until you see a 0 in the actual ignition limit value in the sensors window. The ignition limit should stay at 0 for the entire time you're in boost. Start at 0 for all columns in boost and work your way either up or down until it reads 0 at all times for an ignition limit value. You will need to edit all cam angles for low and high cam in all boost columns the same. Some cars even need negative values in the ignition limit tables,
ajpturbopittsburgh

Ok I will try that but can you clarify why I should try that?

If I didn't register any knock with that cal on that log would setting all the knock ignition limit high columns in boost to 0 be better?

Also on a side note, when I opened the knock ignition limit high table and selected ALL and then highlighted all boost columns and right clicked and tried to adjust all values to 0 only that cam angle changed to 0 and the other cam angle values went to about -1 to -4. So it lowered them but not to 0 like I had requested. I had to do all the cam angle tables seperate. It shouldn't do that right?
mucter

Post by mucter »

You're missing an important part of perspective here.

This ish is brand new man. No one in the world other than Honda themselves truly knows how this works. All of the knowledge we have is what we have deduced from modifying the values on our cars and seeing how it reacts. We're figuring this stuff out as we go...

So, you can't hassle people to give you all the answers. If you want answers, start changing the values yourself and HELP US all figure it out. This stuff is really complicated and deriving a complete and useful understanding of it's functionality takes a lot of time, testing, changing, and logging.

At this point what you need to know is that there are factors at work here that we don't understand and don't have control over. Until those factors are either exposed or eliminated, this entire discussion is a moving target.

Those of us that are modifying these values and getting the cars to behave how we want, have spent an extraordinary amount of time testing and tuning our own cars to make it work. At this point we're all a little defensive about sharing every little detail about it considering the struggle it's been. I'm all about teaching and sharing knowledge, but at this point this has been such a pain in the ass that even I don't want to share all my knowledge on the topic.

I'm just standing by my distaste for the whole system and want it dramatically simplified.
ajpturbopittsburgh

mucter wrote:
If you want answers, start changing the values yourself and HELP US all figure it out. .

Those of us that are modifying these values and getting the cars to behave how we want, have spent an extraordinary amount of time testing and tuning our own cars to make it work.
I'm just standing by my distaste for the whole system and want it dramatically simplified.
I'm trying bro......Help me help you.....Help me help you....

I've been modifying logging and have spent an EXTRAORDINARY amount of time on my vehicle as well. I will post until I'm satisfied.
mucter

Post by mucter »

Haha. My ECU has been flashed over 1000 times in the last year.

If you go back and read all of Mike's/my posts in this thread, we've given you the keys of what you need to know. Read that stuff again and re-read the manual a few dozen times and it might start to make sense.

The night this beta came out, I went out and spent 5 hours straight live tuning all of the new tables... experimenting with extremes in different directions... until it all started to click based on how the ecu reacted.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

I have changed the IAT (and ECT high) retard in the beta. See http://www.hondata.com/downloads.html
Hondata
VitViper

Post by VitViper »

Thank you, much appreciated.
mucter

Post by mucter »

Thank you Derek for taking care of this quickly.
VitViper

Post by VitViper »

I've verified this is working as I expect it to on my car.
soxfan143

Post by soxfan143 »

Yea seems good on my end too. I'm gonna test a little more deeply tomorrow.

By the way, THANKS Derek. Much appreciated.
engjoo

Post by engjoo »

Hondata wrote:I have changed the IAT (and ECT high) retard in the beta. See http://www.hondata.com/downloads.html
How can I use this for my FD2 type R calibration ?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

engjoo wrote:How can I use this for my FD2 type R calibration ?
Update the beta version. Upload your calibration again.
Hondata
civicRSA

Post by civicRSA »

Thank you Hondata for hearing our cries.
mucter

Post by mucter »

This logic change is a beautiful thing.

Used to be that at the track I'd get the obligatory 2-4 knocks per run as the IAT increased in the upper gears. Last Friday when I went on the new logic, I didn't get a single knock under load AND I was able to add back 2 degrees of ignition under boost.

Thanks again Derek for making this change. It's a huge improvement.