Greddy iTouch Engine Monitor can not connect

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
gotsnodooks

Greddy iTouch Engine Monitor can not connect

Post by gotsnodooks »

I have a greddy iTouch engine monitor and it will not connect with my ECU. It works on all non-flashed ECU's of my friends vehicles so I can only assume it is something with the flash. Does the Flashpro make the ECU incompatible with these types of devices?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The OBDII data is not altered. Return the ECU to stock and check that it works.
Hondata
taylorsSI

Post by taylorsSI »

my dealership needed to hook their tablet up to my ecu and it wouldn't connect (when flashed). flashed back to stock and they were able to. the FP definitely does something that make it not accessible to other things
engjoo

Post by engjoo »

taylorsSI wrote:my dealership needed to hook their tablet up to my ecu and it wouldn't connect (when flashed). flashed back to stock and they were able to. the FP definitely does something that make it not accessible to other things
Perhaps Hondata should look deeper into this and understand if certain change to the ECU had prevented it from being recognised by the HIM.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

We have the Honda scan tools here. They will connect to the ECU when stock, with a AFM based calibration or with a MAP based calibration. If you have a problem in this area, a starting point would be to tell use the ECU part number, the type of calibration in the ECU, the type of Honda scan tool used and the exact error message when the tool is connecting to the ECU.
Hondata
yungming

Post by yungming »

I have tried Honda scan tool and have no issue with the OBD scanning
gotsnodooks

Post by gotsnodooks »

Hondata wrote:We have the Honda scan tools here. They will connect to the ECU when stock, with a AFM based calibration or with a MAP based calibration. If you have a problem in this area, a starting point would be to tell use the ECU part number, the type of calibration in the ECU, the type of Honda scan tool used and the exact error message when the tool is connecting to the ECU.
ok...thanks...I'll get the ECU p/n and calibration type to you. The scan tool I'm using is the greddy Touch, same one that can be found here http://www.greddy.com/products/display/ ... ategory=56

I never get an error message...it just always shows that it's connecting but it never connects. I've hooked it up to other non-flashed Si's and it works just fine.
gotsnodooks

Post by gotsnodooks »

Hondata wrote:The OBDII data is not altered. Return the ECU to stock and check that it works.
only problem is I'm running a custom tune and I've got the CT Stage 2 S/C so i can't use the stock tune.