calibration question

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
peshinho

calibration question

Post by peshinho »

Javier or matt:

Hope you are doing fine!!

I have a 2007 civic si with strup race header, p2r throttle body spacer, aem sri, toque dumper , skunk2 exhaust and of course the flashpro

the only thing i have tuned with the flash pro is the air/fuel ratio (when the ivtec is on its in 13 aprox, can i take it to 13.2 or it will be too lean?), modified vtec 4750 (lower) / 5900 (upper) and rev limit up to 8800 (is this ok? or it should be lees or can it goes a little bit up?).

** will i have any beneficts if i change the cams angles? (if yes should it be when the ivtec is on, or it can be modified in both "ivtec on and off"
** can i modify the car advance timing as well and get any hp gains?
** what other parameters can be adjusted besides the air/fuel ratio, the rpm set and the ivtec adjustment?

Thanks
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

We find that 13.0 - 13.4 is a good target for a NA engine.

8600 rpm is the highest rev limit we use a stock engine. You can rev higher on the dyno for testing.

You really need a dyno to tune the cam angles and ignition timing. The simplest method is to compare runs with a baseline, the cam 5 degrees advanced and the cam 5 degrees retarded. Some for the ignition (we use +2 degrees and -2 degrees for the ignition). For more advanced tuning lock the cam angle to one setting, and tune the fuel and ignition for each cam angle.
Hondata
peshinho

Thanks for the info

Post by peshinho »

I will rent a dyno and go and change the parameter you just said.
Thanks a lot, i will povide the calibration and the logs after this is done so you can take a look, if that is ok with you.
Take care

Hondata wrote:We find that 13.0 - 13.4 is a good target for a NA engine.

8600 rpm is the highest rev limit we use a stock engine. You can rev higher on the dyno for testing.

You really need a dyno to tune the cam angles and ignition timing. The simplest method is to compare runs with a baseline, the cam 5 degrees advanced and the cam 5 degrees retarded. Some for the ignition (we use +2 degrees and -2 degrees for the ignition). For more advanced tuning lock the cam angle to one setting, and tune the fuel and ignition for each cam angle.