Flashpro Knock Sensor and WOT Lambda Tables Adjust

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
orangeclockwork

Flashpro Knock Sensor and WOT Lambda Tables Adjust

Post by orangeclockwork »

Hello, I have some doubts about the flashpro in my Civic Si 06+

1) These are my Lambda Adjustment Tables, the area with a value of 12.46 is the area where the car goes into open loop?
With this configuration the car is entering correctly in open loop @ WOT and entering in closed loop @ ParthThrottle?

2) Another question, my car right now is running a Go-Power KSi Cams with Valvetrain Upgrade (Retainers, Dual Valve Springs, etc), this configuration goes crazy the knock sensor, in the 1500rpm-3500rpm range mi car reports aprox. 1800-2400 knocks in a 10 minutes datalog in parth throttle!
This is a ghost knock FlashPro retards ignition, what are the values that would have to put in the Knock Sensor Table to disable Knock Sensor or prevent the ECU detects knock in this rpm range in parth-throttle?
The higher the value, the less sensitive is the knock sensor?

To disable / override the sensor in that range, this table is fine?

3)Last question, my sixth gear was replaced by a shorter gear. This causes in sixth gear the cruise control not works because the ECU detects a speed different from that calculated. No way to fix this?

Thanks!
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

1. I don't understand the question. The tables look ok.

2. A lower value in the tables means less knock retard. Knock detection is not controlled by the knock tables, but is determined by the ratio of cylinder noise between the power stroke and induction stroke.

There is no reason that there should be a knock detected from a change to the top end of the engine, so I would determine what is causing the noise and fix that. You may have to set the valve clearences when hot (ask Go-Power for the specs).

3. Not at the moment.
Hondata
orangeclockwork

Post by orangeclockwork »

Hondata wrote:1. I don't understand the question. The tables look ok.

2. A lower value in the tables means less knock retard. Knock detection is not controlled by the knock tables, but is determined by the ratio of cylinder noise between the power stroke and induction stroke.

There is no reason that there should be a knock detected from a change to the top end of the engine, so I would determine what is causing the noise and fix that. You may have to set the valve clearences when hot (ask Go-Power for the specs).

3. Not at the moment.
1. If you check the Hondata Basemap for Go-Power V1 you can see values of 12.80 instead of 12.46 in the table, I guess it will cause the car not properly open loop between the WOT.

2. The valve clearance according to Jeff is: 0.8 Intake 0.10 Exhaust cold. This does not seem to be the problem, many users report this problem with KSi cams, apparently making a noise similar to the knock
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

1. Yes, WOT compensation tables must always be richer (lower) than 12.5:1

2. Something is making mechanical noise in the valvetrain. I've never had a high knock count with IPS cams, so it is possible to use after-market cams without upsetting the knock sensor (typically I get a zero knock count after a 35 minute race).
Hondata
nographix

Re: Flashpro Knock Sensor and WOT Lambda Tables Adjust

Post by nographix »

orangeclockwork wrote:
3)Last question, my sixth gear was replaced by a shorter gear. This causes in sixth gear the cruise control not works because the ECU detects a speed different from that calculated. No way to fix this?
Hi, I have the same exact problem - is there already a fix for this? (I hope there is....)

rgrds!
ajpturbopittsburgh

Post by ajpturbopittsburgh »

Can you just change the default 6th gear ratio in the calibration window to what is currently in your car to make the ecu understand what is happening? I thought that's what those figures were there for?

Does cruise not work becuase the ECU is detection clutch slippage because the engine is turning more rpm's becuase of the gear ratio and that doesn't match the wheel speed sensors for the stock ratio?