CAMCMD Issue: ECU Mapping

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
BV1

CAMCMD Issue: ECU Mapping

Post by BV1 »

I have noticed on the Cam Angles (particularly high), only the 2-3 tables nearest WOT (0 psi) seem to apply.

Take a look in this datalog, and watch the CAMCMD:

Tune and Log located here:

http://www.members.shaw.ca/smpotter/FPM/InjenRHSD/

Check seconds 12:25-12:30 and 16:50-17:00.

Its almost as if throttle position comes into play, never mind the MAP sensor.

Steve
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

VTC is working correctly. What has happened is that you have gone into VTEC, then the manifold pressure has dropped below the VTEC pressure window, so the ECU is in the process of switching back to the low cam, at which point it uses a different ramp rate. There are 4-5 other instances of the same thing in the datalog.
Hondata
BV1

Post by BV1 »

Curious why it would do this on the low cam as well then? Like seconds 17:30 in the datalog.

EDIT:

(I have another datalog I can upload of the same map, it was 6:35 for that occurrence, so I changed the reference time above for the datalog already uploaded)

I do see what your saying about the VTC Window being 0.9 BAR and perhaps the ECU averaging between low and high cam values based on window pressure, BUT the pressure was greater then 0.9 BAR, so the car went into VTEC why did it not drop out of VTEC when pressure came back down to -10psi, how much of a latch value is there?

One more question the CAMCMD values the ECU was picking (4 degrees) were lower then BOTH the High CAM for that spot (35-42) and the Low CAM (10-13) for that same spot. See seconds 12:27.

Steve