Program VIN number to brand new ECU

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
Cesar_Blanco

Program VIN number to brand new ECU

Post by Cesar_Blanco »

I tried Flash Pro for the first time on my brand new 37820-RRB-A14 ECU (I own a Mexican Civic SI) and a blinking green key of the inmobilizer apperead on my car. Flash pro signals that the VIN number of the car is missing and i cannot lock the FP to the ECU so no calibration is possible. Any idea how can I set the VIN number of my car so i can start the tunning process using FP????.

Cesar
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Only a Honda dealer can program a Vin and match the keys and immobilizer. This is not supported by Hondata.
Cesar_Blanco

About ECU VIN

Post by Cesar_Blanco »

thanks a lot i will take it to the neareast dealer to have it programmed!!
Arion

Post by Arion »

Cesar,
Hi I have the same problem here in Brazil, except it doesn't blink the immob key. Have you sorted out the problem?
Arion
Cesar_Blanco

About the VIN

Post by Cesar_Blanco »

Hi Arion, it is correct i took my car to a honda dealer and they set the VIN number for me, however i had some other problems to sort out with the help of hondata and the experience of another flashpro user once it was programmed, please read the Mexican Civic SI with US swapped ECU section all its documented there. I HIGHLY RECOMEND TO TAKE YOUR CAR TO A HONDA DEALER THEY HAVE THE APPROPIATE TOOLS TO PROGRAM YOUR IMMOBILIZER!!!