Switching from AFM/MAF to MAP calibration

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
tito559

Switching from AFM/MAF to MAP calibration

Post by tito559 »

This might seem like a dumb question but will I need to remove my AFM and replace it with the IAT as it say in the flashpro help window regarding this issue or will the ECU just not read the signal from the AFM to measure air flow when using the different calibration. The reason I ask is because I am about to install the greddy turbo kit on my '07 Civic Si and will need the MAP calibration to do so and ditch the emanage all together. Any info would be appreciated, thanks.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It does not have to be removed or replaced.
XSRCivic

Re: Switching from AFM/MAF to MAP calibration

Post by XSRCivic »

tito559 wrote:This might seem like a dumb question but will I need to remove my AFM and replace it with the IAT as it say in the flashpro help window regarding this issue or will the ECU just not read the signal from the AFM to measure air flow when using the different calibration. The reason I ask is because I am about to install the greddy turbo kit on my '07 Civic Si and will need the MAP calibration to do so and ditch the emanage all together. Any info would be appreciated, thanks.
The IAT is built into the stock MAF sensor. So as Hondata said you won't have to replace or remove it. You can wire in a different IAT from another car like the RSX do eliminate the restriction int the piping that the larger MAF sensor creates.
tito559

Post by tito559 »

So the only purpose is to lower intake restrictions caused by the sensor? I'll probably still need to recirculate the BOV them i'm assuming.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Removing the AFM is not something we have recommened - you would need to ask the people who have done so. The change in intake restriction is minimal.

With a MAP based calibration the BOV does not need to be recirculated, but it is still our recommendation to recirculate BOVs.
Hondata