Feature request

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
redk20simia

Feature request

Post by redk20simia »

is there any way that you guys can add a feature that allows closed loop operation through the wideband input? I dont have a primary sensor but im running the aem wideband.
omgu8myrice

Post by omgu8myrice »

Lean protection!!!!
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The ECU has an integrated wideband controller and can only use the Honda o2 sensor. It would be very difficult to get it to run in closed loop using a voltage output from an aftermarket wideband controller.
Hondata
2rotormotor

Post by 2rotormotor »

what if we wire the analog output to the primary sensor?
firestrife

Post by firestrife »

I'm no expert but I think it wouldnt read correctly due to the different voltages and interpretations by the the Aftermarket wideband and the Honda O2 wideband.
soxfan143

Post by soxfan143 »

The Factory Primary O2 is a current based sensor. It operates completely different. It is not a 0-5v operation. It's really hard to explain. This would take way too much effort and memory to accomplish. I would rather see them implement boost control or something. Besides, the stock wideband seems to work awesome now that they implemented the AF corrected value. No need really to interface the wideband to control anything. IMO.
redk20simia

Post by redk20simia »

soxfan143 wrote:The Factory Primary O2 is a current based sensor. It operates completely different. It is not a 0-5v operation. It's really hard to explain. This would take way too much effort and memory to accomplish. I would rather see them implement boost control or something. Besides, the stock wideband seems to work awesome now that they implemented the AF corrected value. No need really to interface the wideband to control anything. IMO.
The aem wideaband had been tested to be the most accurate along with the innovate unit.
omgu8myrice

Post by omgu8myrice »

Still waiting on lean protection...