Using sec o2 wideband input

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
2rotormotor

Using sec o2 wideband input

Post by 2rotormotor »

I have a question, I have the stock sensor disconected but the wideband voltage says 5v on flashpro. I even disconnected the white plug where you say to tap into and it still says 5v. Isnt the voltage supposed to be at 0 with no sensors connected? I am trying to install an aem eugo but when I tap it nothing happens.
redk20simia

Post by redk20simia »

anyone?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Can you give mere specific detials on exactly how you have everything connected?
redk20simia

Post by redk20simia »

I dont have anything connected. I unpluged the sec o2 and checked the wideband voltage and it said 5v.. I didnt do anyhting else. I thought that with the stock sensor unplugged, it should read 0v..
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

5V sounds normal as the ECU pulls the sensor input up to 5V in order to detect a missing sensor or broken wire.
Hondata
redk20simia

Post by redk20simia »

ok I wired everything up how you explained in the help section. I still get 5v even though the output is at 2.5v. I disabled both sensors primary and sec. Selected seco2 in the lambda section and still the same thing.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Double check your wiring then as it does not sound like you have it wired correctly.

You may want to have another person check it as sometimes you can overlook an obvious mistake when you do the work yourself.
soxfan143

Post by soxfan143 »

The SO2 sensor input doesn't work. I went through this for a week and a half and I finally gave up and used the EGR lift input and it worked flawless. I even ran the wideband lead directly to the ECU pin and it still didn't work. It stayed pinned at 5V. I think Hondata has to look into that again. Or just use the EGR pin. Pin B29.
redk20simia

Post by redk20simia »

Spunkster wrote:Double check your wiring then as it does not sound like you have it wired correctly.

You may want to have another person check it as sometimes you can overlook an obvious mistake when you do the work yourself.
I didnt ask how to wire it up. I know how to wire it up, its one wire. Im asking about the problem you have with the input. If its pinned at 5v then obviously its not going to work. You guys should look into it.
Pir8pete

Post by Pir8pete »

is there a diagram that shows how to hookup the wires to the ECU for a wideband sensor to read it through FP? I remember read this some where but can find it.
XSRCivic

Post by XSRCivic »

Pir8pete wrote:is there a diagram that shows how to hookup the wires to the ECU for a wideband sensor to read it through FP? I remember read this some where but can find it.
http://www.hondata.com/help/flashpro/wi ... b=wideband

Try that.
Pir8pete

Post by Pir8pete »

XSRCivic wrote:
Pir8pete wrote:is there a diagram that shows how to hookup the wires to the ECU for a wideband sensor to read it through FP? I remember read this some where but can find it.
http://www.hondata.com/help/flashpro/wi ... b=wideband

Try that.
From what I have read around on 8thgen this doesn't work! i assume this is what ppl are talking about. Hondata whata think?
redk20simia

Post by redk20simia »

did you guys get to test out the o2?
all-black

Post by all-black »

i have no problems with this feature i pinned it into the ecu reads fine
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The SO2 input works ... but when I tested it the voltage input was not linear. For the moment I recommend using the EGRL input.
Hondata