yet another knock Q, but a valid one

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
evilsock

yet another knock Q, but a valid one

Post by evilsock »

Ok I know a lot of paople are picking up knock as am I in 2 and 3 but if it was true knock and not engine vibrations would it not throw a CEL? Or misfire code on a obd2 reader? Bc I've seen neither but pick up abt 30-50 knocks a minute sometimes but have heard only one or 2 sounds that can be possible knock. Here is my setup custom t3/t4 turbo 750cc inj. Golden eagle fuel rail 2.5" exhaust , resinator and vibrant flow through muff. So real knock throw CEL in our cars or findable on obd2? Sorry if this is noob Q
Thanks in advance. Mad props to hondata
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

To my knowledge it will only throw a knock error if the knock sensor is not plugged in. You may have to reduce the knock sensativity if if you are getting a knock count but there is no audible knock.
soxfan143

Post by soxfan143 »

Spunkster wrote:To my knowledge it will only throw a knock error if the knock sensor is not plugged in. You may have to reduce the knock sensativity if if you are getting a knock count but there is no audible knock.
I thought the knock count wasn't effected by the sensitivity adjustments. Because I have been chasing knock that I can not hear also. I'm mostly getting it in cylinder 2 and sometimes 1 and 3. But I will get knock counts only sometimes and I can not hear anything. Can you get detonation and have it not audible?
evilsock

Post by evilsock »

Yes but its the ones u hear that are harmfull. There can be smaller less harmfull ones that pick up but I'm sure over time will damage internals, which is why I shall be bullitproofing mine shortly. But I know in older cars if there was knock it would throw a code anyone comfirm if it was knock if a CEL would come on?