07 SI tuning help

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

EFICU

Re: 07 SI tuning help

Post by EFICU »

Looks really good. I made a few part throttle fuel changes and some high cam fuel changes. This next one will be the 30* cam angle with vtec at 4500 again. Same drive type and third gear WOT pull. A couple more revisions and we blend everything out so you get to see the final product.
WillICode.SD.Rev04 (30Cam)(Vtec4500).fpcal
(21.5 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
will.i.code

Post by will.i.code »

it is feeling really good, think i saw a few knocks but overall car is feeling very strong. here is the log from the 4th revision
Attachments
WillICode.SD.Rev04 (30Cam)(Vtec4500)-log.fpdl
(2.97 MiB) Downloaded 77 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah that one looked really good. We will move onto the 40* cam angle which will be the last one we lock the cam angle one at a time. Then we blend out on the next one which will be the first glimpse of the final product. I cleaned up some fuel, and addressed the knock you saw. The knock happened in only a couple areas, so it was very much in a small portion of the map which is good. Here is the next one. For this one, we really only need like a 10 minute datalog with a clean first gear WOT pull. The WOT pull is the most important part of the whole deal on this one.
WillICode.SD.Rev05 (40Cam)(Vtec4500).fpcal
(21.59 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
will.i.code

Post by will.i.code »

now that was fun, 1st time pulling to redline in 1st and what a rush
Attachments
WillICode.SD.Rev05 (40Cam)(Vtec4500)-log.fpdl
(3.23 MiB) Downloaded 73 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Looks really good man. Sorry, I can't believe I told you to make your WOT pull in first gear, I'm such an idiot. Haha. I meant third gear, but you got enough data by making some second and third gear pull data, so thank you for saving me here.

So I've blended everything out now for you. This will be the first glimpse of the overall product now. Take it for your normal 20 minute datalog, make sure to get at least one clean WOT pull in third gear so we can get all the data we need. But other than that, feel free to drive it however you want, make whatever pulls you want, just be safe of course. We'll see how the datalog looks when you send it. It will still take a couple revisions to get it all dialed, but this will be really close. For a stock cat car, your car sure seems to be super efficient even on the higher cam angles. It should run pretty strong with the cam angle blended out now.

Vtec seems to be happiest at 4600. So see what you think of the crossover there on your drive. We can move it up some if you like, or maybe down just a touch. Any lower and we might experience a slight bog on the transition, which I wouldn't want you to have. The crossover should be a smooth linear power delivery.
WillICode.SD.Rev06 (Blended)(Vtec4600).fpcal
(22.14 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
will.i.code

Post by will.i.code »

haha i didn't think twice about it until i posted the log but yeah i had some fun pulls last time and this time i will as well as i have to make the 24 mile journey to get gas so i'll get some decent data using frontage roads tonight and pay attention the vtech crossover
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Sounds good. See how it goes, and tell me what you think. We'll see how the datalog looks.
will.i.code

Post by will.i.code »

lots of rain and cops delayed this log arrggg!!! but i drove like 150 miles with this tune a little aggressive and it felt great and mpg is doing better if i dont rag on her all the time. here is some great data from tonight though and wow she felt amazing
Attachments
WillICode.SD.Rev06 (Blended)(Vtec4600)-log.fpdl
(3.29 MiB) Downloaded 73 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah it looks great overall. Made a fuel WOT fueling adjustments to get it dialed. I also removed some ignition for the knock we are seeing. Once the knock goes away, it will feel stronger too. Right now the ECU is pulling timing where it thinks knock will occur. Once we get that knock removed, it will stop doing that and drive smoother and stronger.

Here is the next one. Same 200-30 minute datalogs with the third gear WOT pull. Feel free to drive it however you like, just get those to parameters in there.
Attachments
WillICode.SD.Rev07 (Blended)(Vtec4600).fpcal
(22.23 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
will.i.code

Post by will.i.code »

i present the latest log which came from great effort, first time i flashed this and ran it i got p2646 throwing anytime i tried over half throttle. reflashed rev 6 and no issue. then i redownloaded rev7 and reflashed it and bamn no code or issue. my oil level is the same, do you think it was a fluke issue or a future foresight to my oil pump is failing?
Attachments
WillICode.SD.Rev07 (Blended)(Vtec4600)-log.fpdl
(3.23 MiB) Downloaded 69 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

will.i.code wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:05 am i present the latest log which came from great effort, first time i flashed this and ran it i got p2646 throwing anytime i tried over half throttle. reflashed rev 6 and no issue. then i redownloaded rev7 and reflashed it and bamn no code or issue. my oil level is the same, do you think it was a fluke issue or a future foresight to my oil pump is failing?
Interesting. I haven;t come across that code in my travels until now. Looking at this https://www.700r4transmissionhq.com/p2646-honda-civic/ , and googling the code, it could be a small number of things. Might be a fluke, or it might be the one of the issues outlined in the link I provided. Sorry I don't have more info on it, like I said, first time I've seen it.

Fueling looked pretty good, just chasing some knock still. Take this one for a spin and we'll see how it looks.
WillICode.SD.Rev08 (Blended)(Vtec4600).fpcal
(22.28 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
will.i.code

Post by will.i.code »

Yeah i looked at the code as well and thought maybe it was a fluke, it was raining that day and i have that metal piece the extends from the windshield to the hood off because i'm under the hood so much looking at things, redoing hoses and need to do a valve adjustment soon, so maybe something got wet.

As for the knocks i haven't watched the whole log but most of the ones i see seem to occur when i let off the throttle and just cruise a bit, seems like a few seconds after i do that, especially in lower gears like 1/2/3, it'll record a knock

i'll take this one for a spin tomorrow, massive storm rolling in currently
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

will.i.code wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:23 pm Yeah i looked at the code as well and thought maybe it was a fluke, it was raining that day and i have that metal piece the extends from the windshield to the hood off because i'm under the hood so much looking at things, redoing hoses and need to do a valve adjustment soon, so maybe something got wet.

As for the knocks i haven't watched the whole log but most of the ones i see seem to occur when i let off the throttle and just cruise a bit, seems like a few seconds after i do that, especially in lower gears like 1/2/3, it'll record a knock

i'll take this one for a spin tomorrow, massive storm rolling in currently
Yeah we'll keep an eye on it and see if the code comes back.

All of your knock in the most recent datalog are from WOT pulls and areas around that. I don't see any knock happening in the areas you mention, or conditions. In the previous datalog, you had a couple random ones that cleaned up in the new revision. But now they are all in the WOT operation areas.