2013 Civic Si

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

Namcoon

2013 Civic Si

Post by Namcoon »

Need help with first then! Running just a K&N Typhoon SRI, using reflash for now. Is there a safer option? And can anyone assist me in a custom tune? New to tuning so any help will be appreciated, thanks.
CalibratEd

Re: 2013 Civic Si

Post by CalibratEd »

Namcoon wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:33 pm Need help with first then! Running just a K&N Typhoon SRI, using reflash for now. Is there a safer option? And can anyone assist me in a custom tune? New to tuning so any help will be appreciated, thanks.
I can help with tuning the car. Post the tune and a datalog with wideband input.

-Ed
Namcoon

Post by Namcoon »

Got it, data logging right now and I’ll post my file after work, thank you so much! I’m currently running just the reflash. No rev hang feels so nice but throttle response feels a bit more laggy
Namcoon

Post by Namcoon »

Here, how is this? Running Reflash Tune still, and car seems to be running a lot better than normal. I love not having any rev hang, and shifting gears seems to be a lot more smooth. I have been trying as hard as possible not to hit WOT as much as possible, but it's hard with not having any rev hang. I can easily say this is the best the car has ran in awhile, but I'm sure there are some hiccups as throttle response doesn't seem to be perfect. Thank you so much!
Attachments
Reflash Datalog.fpdl
(313.36 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
Namcoon

Post by Namcoon »

I loaded a longer tune I had that was too big to include, and saw the error code "system running rich", so I'm not sure if this tune is safe to run for my drive to work. I also tried to set the wideband input, but I'm not sure where exactly the setting is, I thought I saw it in settings but I'm not sure to enable it in the closed or open loop. I apologize, this is my first time really tuning.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Namcoon wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:37 pm I loaded a longer tune I had that was too big to include, and saw the error code "system running rich", so I'm not sure if this tune is safe to run for my drive to work. I also tried to set the wideband input, but I'm not sure where exactly the setting is, I thought I saw it in settings but I'm not sure to enable it in the closed or open loop. I apologize, this is my first time really tuning.
Go in and trim the longer datalog and upload it so Ed can take a look at it. Open the datalog in Flashpro Manager, on the timeline right click about 15-20 minutes into the datalog and select "set new end". Save it with a new file name and upload it.

Wideband input is something that has to be wired into the ECU using an external wideband controller. The stock sensor is not exactly perfect, so he wants to try and get the best data to help you with.

Make sure to upload the tune file you're on so Ed has everything to help you with. It's a lot easier to have the file you're running on so any changes you already made are integrated. If he can't help you tonight, I can help you make it safe to drive for your drive to work and Ed can continue with you when he has time. I don't want to step on Ed's toes, but I also don't want you to worry about driving to work. If you have problems trimming the datalog, send me a PM and I can help walk you through it.
Namcoon

Post by Namcoon »

Thank you so much for the quick response, it was so quick that I didn't expect it. I appreicate both you, EFICU and Ed, you guys are awesome. Also, when using the vault, I saw two tunes that looked to have been calibrated using the parts I have installed in my car, although when I attempt and use them or download them and upload them onto my Flashpro, there's either an error code, or I "don't have access", is this because these calibrations are on outdated software versions or am I doing something wrong? Much appreciated.
Attachments
reflash.fpcal
Here is the tune I'm running with the K&N SRI.
(20.97 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
Longer Trimmed Reflash.fpdl
This is the trimmed datalog. Thank you for walking me through it, really helped me find the timeline of tunes, as I couldn't find it before, or at least how to work it.
(4.39 MiB) Downloaded 62 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Namcoon wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:45 pm Thank you so much for the quick response, it was so quick that I didn't expect it. I appreicate both you, EFICU and Ed, you guys are awesome. Also, when using the vault, I saw two tunes that looked to have been calibrated using the parts I have installed in my car, although when I attempt and use them or download them and upload them onto my Flashpro, there's either an error code, or I "don't have access", is this because these calibrations are on outdated software versions or am I doing something wrong? Much appreciated.
No problem, I can understand how nerve racking it is to put in a file and get check engine codes, it's a helpless feeling. The fault is having issues across the board because the Hondata guys have been, or were, working from home because of Covid. They were focusing more on the business stuff trying to keep it all going during lockdowns. Not sure if they have been able to address these issues or not.

I looked over the tune and the datalog, it is definitely running rich, though I have seen much worse. I don't know which angle Ed was going to take, but the tune you're on is still using the MAF sensor, with an intake they usually like being tuned on the MAP sensor/speed density. If you have time to make a datalog tonight, I can send you a file to start and make some quick changes to get it close. If you can make a datalog tonight I can send you another revision based on that tonight. Then you can Ed can get back together when he has time.

Let me know...
Namcoon

Post by Namcoon »

Absolutely, especially when being new to this as a whole. I figured there would be some revisions that would need to be made, although seeing them as error codes are nerve raking! I have time to make another datalog tonight, I really do appreciate the help. Would it be better to run on a different tune to start that so that the car can be tuned on the MAP sensor?

Let me know if there's anything I can do, but if you can send a file or tune that I can run on I can test it out and get back to you. Thank you so much!
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

EFICU wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:02 pm
Namcoon wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:45 pm Thank you so much for the quick response, it was so quick that I didn't expect it. I appreicate both you, EFICU and Ed, you guys are awesome. Also, when using the vault, I saw two tunes that looked to have been calibrated using the parts I have installed in my car, although when I attempt and use them or download them and upload them onto my Flashpro, there's either an error code, or I "don't have access", is this because these calibrations are on outdated software versions or am I doing something wrong? Much appreciated.
No problem, I can understand how nerve racking it is to put in a file and get check engine codes, it's a helpless feeling. The fault is having issues across the board because the Hondata guys have been, or were, working from home because of Covid. They were focusing more on the business stuff trying to keep it all going during lockdowns. Not sure if they have been able to address these issues or not.

I looked over the tune and the datalog, it is definitely running rich, though I have seen much worse. I don't know which angle Ed was going to take, but the tune you're on is still using the MAF sensor, with an intake they usually like being tuned on the MAP sensor/speed density. If you have time to make a datalog tonight, I can send you a file to start and make some quick changes to get it close. If you can make a datalog tonight I can send you another revision based on that tonight. Then you can Ed can get back together when he has time.

Let me know...
Sorry for being late to the party. EFICU you are more than welcome to help out you will not be stepping on my toes. I do not have time to review the files today but i will tomorrow. I would proceed the speed density route, that is normally my go to method. If you get to the post before me go for it.

-Ed
Namcoon

Post by Namcoon »

You two are amazing.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

CalibratEd wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:14 pm
Sorry for being late to the party. EFICU you are more than welcome to help out you will not be stepping on my toes. I do not have time to review the files today but i will tomorrow. I would proceed the speed density route, that is normally my go to method. If you get to the post before me go for it.

-Ed
Sounds good, I just didn't want to step on toes. You seem to be one of the only people helping people on here nowadays, but I just wanted to make sure this guy didn't have to worry about driving to work tomorrow safely.
Namcoon wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:18 pm You two are amazing.
Nah, we just like seeing people who feel helpless get some help. Ed might be amazing though, haha...

Give this one a go real quick. Make a 20 minute datalog of normal road driving, stop light to stop light type driving. It populates more data than freeway/highway driving. On your drive, make one wide open throttle (WOT) pull in third gear from 2500-7600rpm so we can see the WOT fueling. Like I mentioned, get it back to me tonight and I will get you a new revision right away to clean up any big chunks. Then it will be plenty safe for you to drive on. For this one though, good normal driving with the one WOT pull in third gear, once we see it's close you can turn loose and have some fun with it.
Namcoon.SD.Rev01.1 (Blended).fpcal
(24.16 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
Namcoon

Post by Namcoon »

So excited, thank you! Trying this right now, haven't been this pumped to drive in awhile.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Namcoon wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:39 pm So excited, thank you! Trying this right now, haven't been this pumped to drive in awhile.
Sounds good, should be a good starting point.
Namcoon

Post by Namcoon »

It's getting late and I got tired, so I definitely wasn't driving my best but the tune gets more consistant after around 10 minutes, and the WOT is around there too, third gear 2600-7200 RPM's. Tried my hardest to drive stop to stop, but I live in a very rural area now so it was difficult. Overall, tune felt good. Again, I appreciate it so much. If you need more data, I can definitely datalog more. So excited for next revision.
Attachments
Tune 1 Datalogs WOT in Third.fpdl
(6.09 MiB) Downloaded 72 times