2013 Civic Si

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

EFICU

Re: 2013 Civic Si

Post by EFICU »

Namcoon wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:28 pm It's getting late and I got tired, so I definitely wasn't driving my best but the tune gets more consistant after around 10 minutes, and the WOT is around there too, third gear 2600-7200 RPM's. Tried my hardest to drive stop to stop, but I live in a very rural area now so it was difficult. Overall, tune felt good. Again, I appreciate it so much. If you need more data, I can definitely datalog more. So excited for next revision.
Overall it looked killer. Fuel trims were low single digit and the WOT fueling was almost dead one. One thing I noticed, when you go WOT the throttle plate is barely reaching 100% and the pedal is nowhere near being in the 90% range. Make sure that the floormat or something isn't stopping you from going wide open throttle. You might be missing out on a little performance there.

Here is the next one for you. You can take it for a drive tonight or tomorrow, whatever works for you. It is plenty safe for you to have fun with it and you have nothing to worry about. Fueling looks really good and there wasn't any knock at all on that run.

What octane fuel are you running and where you located roughly? Also, I moved VTEC from 4350 to 4600 in this next revision, the crossover fueling was a little low to run the crossover at 4350. Now with it at 4600 it should feel a little stronger in the mid range engaging VTEC. If you would rather have at 4350 that is no problem, but going by what the car is asking for 4600 is ideal.

Here is the next revision for you.
Namcoon.SD.Rev02 (Blended).fpcal
(24.06 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

EFICU wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:59 pm
Namcoon wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:37 pm I loaded a longer tune I had that was too big to include, and saw the error code "system running rich", so I'm not sure if this tune is safe to run for my drive to work. I also tried to set the wideband input, but I'm not sure where exactly the setting is, I thought I saw it in settings but I'm not sure to enable it in the closed or open loop. I apologize, this is my first time really tuning.
Go in and trim the longer datalog and upload it so Ed can take a look at it. Open the datalog in Flashpro Manager, on the timeline right click about 15-20 minutes into the datalog and select "set new end". Save it with a new file name and upload it.

Wideband input is something that has to be wired into the ECU using an external wideband controller. The stock sensor is not exactly perfect, so he wants to try and get the best data to help you with.

Make sure to upload the tune file you're on so Ed has everything to help you with. It's a lot easier to have the file you're running on so any changes you already made are integrated. If he can't help you tonight, I can help you make it safe to drive for your drive to work and Ed can continue with you when he has time. I don't want to step on Ed's toes, but I also don't want you to worry about driving to work. If you have problems trimming the datalog, send me a PM and I can help walk you through it.
I just like helping out. I am not amazing by any means haha

- Ed
Namcoon

Post by Namcoon »

Well, thanks to you guys my car is running better than ever. Throttle response is much better and everything seems to be smoother than the base map, and the first revision from EFICU. I can post datalogs tomorrow, I have so much appreciation for you both!

EFICU, I’m running on 93 octane and I refuse to put anything else into my tank, so I figure I might as well tune for it if it’s possible to incorporate, but I can wait until next time I send you datalogs, I’m hopefully adding a Fullrace catback shortly but I doubt that it’ll change the time much. Again, thank you guys!! 😁😁
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Namcoon wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:38 pm Well, thanks to you guys my car is running better than ever. Throttle response is much better and everything seems to be smoother than the base map, and the first revision from EFICU. I can post datalogs tomorrow, I have so much appreciation for you both!

EFICU, I’m running on 93 octane and I refuse to put anything else into my tank, so I figure I might as well tune for it if it’s possible to incorporate, but I can wait until next time I send you datalogs, I’m hopefully adding a Fullrace catback shortly but I doubt that it’ll change the time much. Again, thank you guys!! 😁😁
Glad to hear it’s running good and you’re happy. Yeah we can add some timing as the files I gave you are on the conservative side for sure. There are some other tricks we can do to make it better as well. I just wanted to give you something to get on the road with safely.

The catback might change things slightly, but it would be an easy clean up on the tune with it.
Namcoon

Post by Namcoon »

Area: New York (Yeah, not excited for winter, may get a second car so I don't have to drive this thing through salt and snow, as it never has seen a winter before)
Octane: Strictly 93, refuse to put anything else into my car!
Barely any knocks compared to the basemap I was using, and less than the first initial revision of the calibration. So happy with the results so far, although I'm bummed that my exhaust I ordered is seemingly on backorder from full race and I'm not sure when I'll get it.
Attachments
3rd Revision Datalog 1.fpdl
(3.92 MiB) Downloaded 56 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Namcoon wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:12 am Area: New York (Yeah, not excited for winter, may get a second car so I don't have to drive this thing through salt and snow, as it never has seen a winter before)
Octane: Strictly 93, refuse to put anything else into my car!
Barely any knocks compared to the basemap I was using, and less than the first initial revision of the calibration. So happy with the results so far, although I'm bummed that my exhaust I ordered is seemingly on backorder from full race and I'm not sure when I'll get it.
Yeah it had some knock pop up there so I massaged that area a little. Cleaned up some fueling areas as well. The throttle body is still not getting to close to 100%, and the throttle pedal is only getting to 70% or so. Double check nothing is in the way of the pedal, and or make sure you are pushing the throttle to the floor when you do the WOT pulls. We also need to keep doing the WOT pulls from 2500-7600 so we can clean up the WOT fueling.

Here is the next revision.
Namcoon.SD.Rev03 (Blended).fpcal
(24.15 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
Namcoon

Post by Namcoon »

Thank you EFICU!! 😄😄😄 Going to try this out, I’m not exactly sure what the entire throttle issue is, I do have floor mats and they could most definitely be under the pedal, but maybe I’ve never gone 100% throttle and never realized it, I’m going to definitely do it for several WOT pulls with this next tune, I’m excited to try it.

This last tune has been perfect, everything feels more responsive and I can feel each tune smoothing out hiccups and now there’s barely any throttle response delays—and it feels faster. I ended up doing a race with a 10th gen with I/E and it was dead even. Thank you again, I’ll get back to you soon!!
Namcoon

Post by Namcoon »

Driving to work I did several WOT pulls, I'm not sure if any of which were 3rd gear 2600-7200, not sure how that completely crossed my mind, but there were absolutely zero knocks. I did a second datalog on the way home from work, where I again tested several WOT pulls, and I believe there were a couple knocks but that's to be expected, the cleanup you've done has been incredibly impressive and I appreciate it so much.
Attachments
trimmed 2.fpdl
First datalog: second part.
(3.64 MiB) Downloaded 68 times
trimmed 1.fpdl
First datalog split into two parts; first one.
(2.85 MiB) Downloaded 59 times
4th Datalogs 2.fpdl
Second datalog.
(2.9 MiB) Downloaded 56 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Namcoon wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:46 pm Driving to work I did several WOT pulls, I'm not sure if any of which were 3rd gear 2600-7200, not sure how that completely crossed my mind, but there were absolutely zero knocks. I did a second datalog on the way home from work, where I again tested several WOT pulls, and I believe there were a couple knocks but that's to be expected, the cleanup you've done has been incredibly impressive and I appreciate it so much.
Glad it's working out good. Thankfully yours is cleaning up nicely, some 9th gens can be a little finicky for some reason.

Overall it looks great, idle fueling trims and right at 0%, part throttle and WOT fueling looks good. Try to get a good clean third gear WOT pull from 2500-7600 in this next datalog just to confirm it looks dead on.

The knock that crept up was from a fifth gear pull where you did. I pulled a little timing out of there to hopefully prevent it. It can be hard sometimes to pull timing out to prevent knock in fifth gear at 100mph without taking power away in the lower gears for performance. So just keep that in mind.

All in all though it looks really good. Give this next revision a try. I made some changes to the pedal map as well, see if you like it.
Namcoon.SD.Rev04 (Blended)(Sport).fpcal
(24.43 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
Namcoon

Post by Namcoon »

Regardless, there is such little knock in every single datalog that I'm amazed by your skills! I finally got a really good WOT in third, at the RPM ranges you needed. I realized that my floor mat was in the way, but I also wasn't completely on the gas because the position of my foot wasn't completely on the pedal, so it was also a bit my fault as well.

The pedal changes you made do feel good, it feels as though throttle response is INSTANT with this tune, and it felt as though it got better with every tune revision you gave me. Shifting feels beautiful, pulls feel loud and more aggressive, and I can feel the car running much, much better. I thank you again, EFICU for your time and work; it means the world to me you've helped me enjoy this car more than I thought a tune could let me. My only regret at this point was not buying Hondata sooner.
Attachments
5 WOT.fpdl
(851.02 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
5.fpdl
(689.15 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Glad you're happy with it. Getting you guys to a point you're having fun is why we enjoy helping you guys. Yeah whatever you changed physically or with the floormat is now allowing you to go WOT. The throttle plate is 100% in most pulls and the pedal is is in the high 90%, which is full throttle. It definitely looks like performance picked up a bit with the added throttle opening and I made some fuel changes in this next one to adjust for those.

Most guys I tune for like the throttle pedal changes I put in this last tune. I just start people off on my base pedal map and then put the sport pedal map in once they are used to the new changes in the car.

Overall it looks great. The knock that showed up was right at the top of the rpm range. The intake temps were a little higher than the previous datalog so that makes sense as well, so I pulled a little timing in that area. When the temps go up, the tune pulls timing and fuel to reduce knock, so just keep in mind when the ambient air temps are high, the car won't be quite as fast as when the temps are cooler.

Here is the next revision, this one might be it. Try to make a 20 minute (ish) datalog and get at least one WOT pull in third gear so we can see a good picture of everything. If we're knock free and fuel looks good, I will turn the knock retard tables back on in the next revision and we'll inspect over multiple days. But for now, take this revision for a datalog and we'll see how it looks.
Namcoon.SD.Rev05 (Blended)(Sport).fpcal
(24.49 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
Namcoon

Post by Namcoon »

Here you go man, this should be perfect. I again, for the millionth time want to thank you for both your time and work! This tune feels so much better than the first one, you did a good job with timing and again. I feel bad wanting to add my exhaust and downpipe when they eventually get back in stock, Fullrace still haven't restocked either and I've just been waiting with money trying to get my hands on them, but I would hate to retune my car at this point; if it wasn't quiet it would be absolutely perfect. Do you think an exhaust would change anything drastic with how beautiful these tunes work?

Here's exactly what you were looking for, roughly 20 minutes and a WOT third gear pull. I had to watch my speed shortly after the pull because as soon as I made my way to the route home, a cop followed me home so I had to chill.

Do you have a PayPal as well? DM me so I can tip you for your efforts, because I cannot stress how much I appreciate it. Thank you! :)
Namcoon

Post by Namcoon »

Here it is, oops.
Attachments
Second Sport Calibration.fpdl
:))
(5.27 MiB) Downloaded 81 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Namcoon wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:45 pm Here you go man, this should be perfect. I again, for the millionth time want to thank you for both your time and work! This tune feels so much better than the first one, you did a good job with timing and again. I feel bad wanting to add my exhaust and downpipe when they eventually get back in stock, Fullrace still haven't restocked either and I've just been waiting with money trying to get my hands on them, but I would hate to retune my car at this point; if it wasn't quiet it would be absolutely perfect. Do you think an exhaust would change anything drastic with how beautiful these tunes work?

Here's exactly what you were looking for, roughly 20 minutes and a WOT third gear pull. I had to watch my speed shortly after the pull because as soon as I made my way to the route home, a cop followed me home so I had to chill.

Do you have a PayPal as well? DM me so I can tip you for your efforts, because I cannot stress how much I appreciate it. Thank you! :)
It looks great, had a one knock near redline in fourth so I pulled a bit of timing out of it there just to keep it safe. Otherwise the fueling everywhere looks great.

It's no problem when you add the exhaust and DP. It won't change too much in the tune, but there will be some fueling adjustments and cam angle changes we would want to make to take advantage of the flow from those parts. So when you get them, cleaning up the tune is simple. With that said, since this tune is really just a completed base file adjusted for your car, when you do get those mods we should put some more time into tuning everything for your car exactly. I like to tune cam angle by cam angle so it's all complete, where as here we took a file with similar mods and adjusted it for yours. We can talk about that stuff more in detail later as well.

Do you have time to make two more datalogs with new revisions? I would like to tune the fuel up to the upper limit of vtec (5400) to make sure it's good for those times you roll through without engaging vtec. Basically it would be one more revision with vtec at 5500 so I can do that. Then we can really determine the proper vtec rpm as well. If you like having vtec at 4300 that is no problem, but it might feel stronger at 4600. Totally up to you.

Also meant to ask, do you want no lift shift enabled?